Bad week.

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

IrfanIbrahim
My Cars:

Bad week.

Post by IrfanIbrahim »

Was driving on highway at night, a car in front of me suddenly shifted to right lane to avoid a really slow car, and the car was really really slow and I tried to brake but locked my wheels and boom.. :cry: But it was really my fault for being careless. :roll:
Luckily no leaks from radiator but one of the fans isn't working.. Front panel, front bonet, bumper and grill need to be replace. Also smashed both my main headlamp.
Mine was early s1 with chevrons on bonnet but it could be PITA to find the early grill in my country..
But s1 with chevron on grills are easy to find so i think its a good reason to give it a facelift. :lol:
I was about to give her a fresh paint next month but this accident happened so i guess i just give her one while she is in the workshop. Metallic silver looks great on this car!

1994 Xantia 2.0I

Keep calm & drive a xantia!
qprdude
My Cars: Renault 5 TS, Renault 14ts, Citroen C5 Mk1, Renault Clio sport, Renault Laguna Privilege. Citroen C5 X7 Exclusive. Citroen DS5 D/sport . And around 25+ other brands from Morris Oxford to S Type jag and most things between.

Re: Bad week.

Post by qprdude »

Sorry to hear that. Hope you can get it all sorted out.
Rick.

2013 Citroen DS 5 D/Sport
2007 Renault Clio Campus sport. 1.2l

Sometimes the change doesn't work.
Monkeyfeet
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: C5:Hatch & an Esatate. Real cruisemobiles.

Post by Monkeyfeet »

Same here. ps - I like the tiled garage floor, jealous of that!
XantiaTD's(all gone). BXGTi, sold (sob). C5 2.2Hdi SE Exc Hatch. C5 2.2 Estate auto. Xsara Hdi estate. Yam YZF750, Zoom. GSX-S750, mmm.
citroenxm
My Cars: M reg Xm S2 2.1td Auto Exclusive. 269k and rising
L reg XM S1 V6 12v Manual SEi
L 94 XM 2.1 TD auto total resto

2008 Peugeot 207 Sw 1.6 16v hdi. 217k and rising
2010 Peugeot 207 SW 1.6 8v HDi 161k and rising

Post by citroenxm »

Oh dear. Hope your ok..

Ive got a couple of Chevron Less Grills here in my shed, theres one Ive got on a P reg V6 Exclusive in Blue im about to break..

Loads of headlights too!!

Not sure what postage would be over to you though.. I have just thrown a Fan Housing away on the last car to go.. but theres a couple more of those about...

Hope you get her all sorted. Ive got one of these early "Sinker" models in for light resto, and another one with one of the first anti sink systems...
Sharing a pug 207 1.6 hdi Sw 16v.
M reg Xm 2.1 td auto exclusive S2 269k and rising
L reg XM V6 12v SEi auto .. Light project

A very sad...
1994 XM 2.1 d auto
IrfanIbrahim
My Cars:

Post by IrfanIbrahim »

Thanks guys, luckily I wasn't hurt and i've leant my lesson to be more careful next time..
I will try to find the grill , there must be one somewhere in my country :lol: If not, I would facelifted it although I really prefer to keep it with chevron on bonnet version..
I think I might buy a new pair of headlight as many of second hands headlamp here in my country had a fade chrome and reflect lights badly, even with relay mod on!
Monkeyfeet, it was a half open garage that should fit two cars but when a Xantia was parked in it no other car could squeeze in :lol:
1994 Xantia 2.0I

Keep calm & drive a xantia!