206LX 2.0 D bent clutch bearing actuator arm?

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Edhertz
(Donor 2022)
My Cars:

206LX 2.0 D bent clutch bearing actuator arm?

Post by Edhertz »

Hello,
Just wondering if anyone out there has found themselves in the position I am in. I have received my (wife's)Peugeot 206 LX 2.0 D back after having the clutch replaced for the usual reason – difficulty changing gear( I'd normally do it myself but didn't fancy laying in the snow). This came on fairly quickly, which is not unusual, with no nasty noises from the bearing. Guy said bearing fell apart when it came off and that the guide tube had to be replaced because it was in a mess. I arrived as the hub caps were going on so all ready to go. Tried clutch but found my foot down almost to the floor before able to change gear, operation can only be described as spongy and weak. Tried venting slave cylinder but made no difference. Guy in fairness to him has told me to take it back if it does get better but thinks it will sort itself out and will adjust accordingly. My guess (and reading forum) is that the clutch bearing actuator arm is bent or cracked and must be replaced. What do you think and thanks in advance?
Alan
1999 Xantia Exclusive 2.0Hdi Mauritius blue
1999 Peugeot LX 1.9D silver
citronut
My Cars:

Re: 206LX 2.0 D bent clutch bearing actuator arm?

Post by citronut »

as its just had a new clutch fitted it will feel different to before,
you should also need to press the pedal to the floor to fully release the clutch,

not sure so much with a hydraulic clutch if it should feel lighter affter a new clutch has been fitted, like it does with a cable clutch?????
Regards, malcolm.

current ride a BX 1.7 TZD estate
1986 MK1 BX 1.9na D Auto(in Mothman Andy's stable )
layed up roppy 1.9TD XANT estate, now gone to meet her maker
purple and lilac metalic 2CV(VIOLET)registered to her in doors
1972 DS special been layed up aprox 31 years
Oldpug
My Cars: Peugeot 406 GLX
Audi A3 TFSI S Line
Mercedes SL320
(In the past,just about every old Peugeot you can think of.)

Post by Oldpug »

The bearing breaking up is common and it always damages the guide tube that your man has replaced,but,I`m very surprised the fork has not been replaced as well??? Take it back,you paid the man to fix a faulty clutch so it should work perfectly straight away,end of.
flying clutchman
My Cars:

Post by flying clutchman »

A new clutch will nearly always feel very light, especially when you've been used to the old one. Your mechanic is quite right, it will very quickly adjust to a more familiar biting position. If the clutch fork had been damaged it's virtually impossible to make it work. The bearing carrier only has tiny clips to hold it to the fork and will flip off if it's not 100%
Edhertz
(Donor 2022)
My Cars:

Post by Edhertz »

Thanks everyone for your replies - much appreciated. Looks like your comments are spot on flying clutchman. The clutch feels much more positive now after a weeks use. The mechanic thought it was unusually soft which led to the slave cylinder being vented. I can now tick the self adjusting clutch learning box.
Alan
1999 Xantia Exclusive 2.0Hdi Mauritius blue
1999 Peugeot LX 1.9D silver
spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Post by spider »

Edhertz wrote:Thanks everyone for your replies - much appreciated. Looks like your comments are spot on flying clutchman. The clutch feels much more positive now after a weeks use. The mechanic thought it was unusually soft which led to the slave cylinder being vented. I can now tick the self adjusting clutch learning box.
Missed this reply when you posted it. Good to know its all sorted now. :)
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG