Headlamp Adjuster Kit, Best Bulbs

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Guru Meditation

Headlamp Adjuster Kit, Best Bulbs

Post by Guru Meditation »

Hi all. My headlamps are currently held in place via cable ties as both sides are broken. Now I'm wondering if anybody knows what this kit comprises of?:
N94290 HEADLAMP ADJUSTER KIT ZX ALL 91> 11.50
Will be enough to repair all these broken mountings etc. It's difficult to describe the damage as both headlights are broken in different places etc.
Also I know I can do a search on this as this topic has been discussed before but it's quite topical again now the nights are drawing in and weather worsening etc-what bulbs do people use brand, wattage etc. My headlights use the twin H4 bulbs and they are shti. I've heard Vision Plus mentioned before.
Cheers
Guru Meditation
Jon

Post by Jon »

Yep,
Its a bag of bits, those bits being the adjuster, and the plastic lugs and the metal bits with the ballcup. All you need in one kit to refix one headlamp.
I've used VisionPlus in my ZX for well over a year, and even with rather dull lenses and reflectors they are still producing a good light and a sharp dipped beam cutoff. Recommended highly.
reffro
My Cars:

Post by reffro »

I'm using the Osram Silverstar bulbs in my 306, and I can't fault them, very nice white light, great on full beam and the penetration just on headlights is fantastic. I bought mine from www.powerbulbs.com They were delivered in two days, along with the freebie side-light bulbs.
Dave Burns
My Cars:

Post by Dave Burns »

Hmm.. twin H4's ay, never heard of that combo, sure you aint got twin H1's, I've never seen a car that had twins and with twin dips, think that might actually be illegal.
I would like H4's in the outers and H1's in the inners, reason being twin main beam instead of single main beam (inner) and permenant (outer) dip, thats pants if you ask me, who wants permenant dip when you could have four long range lamps for main beam.
Anyone know (or done it) if it possible to convert the outer bulb fitting in twin H1's to take H4's, single fillament to double fillament bulbs, wiring would be a bit different but thats no problem.
Dave
Guru Meditation

Post by Guru Meditation »

Yeah lol I meant twin H1s!
:-D