Zx bleed points

Yes, place your time and money saving tips here.Nothing illegal or dangerous please!Motoring related only please.

Moderator: RichardW

Jon

Zx bleed points

Post by Jon »

Submitted by Duncan Gaskin
Just a quick tip. When bleeding the coolant system on a ZX if you loose the bleed cap from the hose on the pipe at the righthand side of the engine, then the dust cap from a car tyre valve (or bike Schrader valve) fits perfectly. BUT check it regularly and do not overtighten otherwise it can split and you end up losing the coolant and have to learn how to bleed the system in various carparks..........so I'm told of course!
Cheers
Duncan
marceush
My Cars:

Post by marceush »

I own a ZX 1.6i Aura 1993. It is bleeding coolant from a pipe that connects the coolant hose with the heating system. I´m looking for a manual to find out the spare part number of that connector pipe. The pipe has a "L" shape and it is attached to a similar one that connects the exit of the coolant liquid from the heating system to he back part of the engine.
Could anybody help me?
Thanks, Marcelo.-[8)]
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

Try contacting Citroen direct via E-mail they just sorted a problem for me and it was free. If you go on to Citroen Uk web site and E-mail them your problem.
marceush
My Cars:

Post by marceush »

ok ok... but, can you tell me de URL of Citroen UK so I can look for the e-mail and write them?
Thanks,
MARCELO.-