C5 Headlamp Adjustment

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Darners

C5 Headlamp Adjustment

Post by Darners »

Planning a trip to France in the near future and as wondering if I needed to put some headlamp convertors onto my C5 (2009)

Non Xenon,

Read loads of conflicting reports, some saying that you need to get a letter from Citroen to say you dont need to use them !!!!

Any help appreciated
Citroen C5 2.0HDi Vtr + Nav 2009

If it has wheels or a skirt, you cant afford it!!
bobins
Donor 2023
My Cars: Kia Sportage
Mazda BT-50
Land Rover SIII SWB
V-F-R800
SL320
MX5

Re: C5 Headlamp Adjustment

Post by bobins »

I put beam correctors on my standard headlamps (not retina burning projector lamps !) last year and they worked as they should, they didn't melt to a messy blob, civilisations did not crumble, empires did not fall, and everything was fine. I peeled them off afterwards and only needed a little cleaning to restore everything to standard. I believe the usual work around is to wind the lamps down using the height corrector dial by the steering wheel. None of the above applies to 'projector' lamps !
Sadly no longer a C5 owner :(
qprdude
My Cars: Renault 5 TS, Renault 14ts, Citroen C5 Mk1, Renault Clio sport, Renault Laguna Privilege. Citroen C5 X7 Exclusive. Citroen DS5 D/sport . And around 25+ other brands from Morris Oxford to S Type jag and most things between.

Post by qprdude »

bobins wrote:I put beam correctors on my standard headlamps (not retina burning projector lamps !) last year and they worked as they should, they didn't melt to a messy blob, civilisations did not crumble, empires did not fall, and everything was fine. I peeled them off afterwards and only needed a little cleaning to restore everything to standard. I believe the usual work around is to wind the lamps down using the height corrector dial by the steering wheel. None of the above applies to 'projector' lamps !

MMMmm, I too am considering a visit to the Tours area this year, but the Exclusive does not have manual adjusters.
Rick.

2013 Citroen DS 5 D/Sport
2007 Renault Clio Campus sport. 1.2l

Sometimes the change doesn't work.
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

Cars with hydraulic suspension won't have manual adjusters as they are just to compensate for variations in loading and the hydromagical suspension does that all on its own.
qprdude
My Cars: Renault 5 TS, Renault 14ts, Citroen C5 Mk1, Renault Clio sport, Renault Laguna Privilege. Citroen C5 X7 Exclusive. Citroen DS5 D/sport . And around 25+ other brands from Morris Oxford to S Type jag and most things between.

Post by qprdude »

Yes, but what to do when driving to France? Brother-in-law uses stickers on the lenses.
Rick.

2013 Citroen DS 5 D/Sport
2007 Renault Clio Campus sport. 1.2l

Sometimes the change doesn't work.
old'uns
My Cars: '02 C5 - gone
'09 X7 - gone
CMax - X7 replacement - gone
Acadiane - lost to a V5c applicant
'06 C5 VTR auto est
'90 Honda Beat
'73 ST70 Dax
'75 ST Dax - 120 powered

Post by old'uns »

i'll be using 'old skool' tech....Black tape or some bits of vinyl i've got lying around...up against a wall and sticking where i 'think' it won't dazzle, at least it looks like you've made an effort :)

at least with the old C5 you can use the fogs with sidelights, not much worse than blanking the dipped ones and it still looked like dipped were on
currently '06 C5 2.0 HDi auto estate Tip run and France trekker - well should be!! occupied currently by '10 Superb DSG 170 elegance- whistles and bells that work