Kid wants to inherit my C5 already (she's 7!)

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

Ben82
My Cars: C5 V6 2004

Kid wants to inherit my C5 already (she's 7!)

Post by Ben82 »

Kids are adorable sometimes aren't they?

The other day my daughter (who's 7 almost 8), says to me in the car "Daddy, when I'm old enough, and if we still have this car, can I have it?"

Credit probably goes to the Hydractive Suspension, as this is the only car she does not get regularly car sick in, other cars we've had to carry a bowl around in just in case, this one she can sit and play around in the back with her toys/do some drawing etc In other cars we often still have to tell her to "watch the road" because she starts feeling queezy.

She has sometimes complained at me about going in someone else's car, and getting a bit moody about "but I want you to take me".. probably due to the above reason.

anyone got any similar stories of kids getting very attached it your car? or got fond memories of your parents'?

I can remember back when I was small, my parents had a Nissan Bluebird Estate (think it was like this one), and often we would sit in the boot and there was a thing to hold on to, great for when a group of us kids were going to go swimming etc. Couldn't do that nowadays - Health and Safety and all that.
2004 Citroen C5 3L V6 Auto
Brit living in Sweden with an imported from Germany French Car!
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Re: Kid wants to inherit my C5 already (she's 7!)

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

Well, I think that that is a great endorsement for Citroens and their suspension system.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
red_dwarfers
(Donor 2020)
My Cars:

Post by red_dwarfers »

Bless!
Kev

'19 C4 Cactus 130 Flair
stu9

Post by stu9 »

She'll get more sense as she grows and want something else
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Ben82 wrote: Credit probably goes to the Hydractive Suspension, as this is the only car she does not get regularly car sick in
Yep, my youngest, when she was about the age of yours used to suffer it terribly. I had a 405 then and in both my and her mum's car (a Fraud Fracas) she was regularly sick.

I then bought my first Xantia. Siany's Mum went ballistic saying that she'd be even sicker than ever in a Citroen. Funny thing - from that day on Siany was never sick again ever in any of my Xantias but still was in her mum's cars :roll:
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...