C5/Xantia HDi bits interchangeable? Xant S1 and S2 bits too?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Northern_Mike

C5/Xantia HDi bits interchangeable? Xant S1 and S2 bits too?

Post by Northern_Mike »

Hi All,

Does anyone know which bits of the C5 and Xantia 2.0 Engines are interchangable - items like turbocharger, intercooler, starter, alternator, induction piping etc..

It looks like Rattiva is going to the great Citroen yard in the sky. Her wheels will go on RUNN, which will be having new discs, pads, and a aircon belt tensioner fitted. Then the plan is to fit the leather and other interior bits that will go into Rattiva from RUNN, CD player etc and scrap the rest. I know the indicators are also interchangable. Are the headlights?

What else can be used from a Series 1 car on a series 2? Can the bigger brakes from Rattiva go on RUNN? Calipers and all.. bump stops? Spheres? (no, they're hydractive)..

I'd be interested to see what we can save and/or swap over.
Citroenmad
My Cars: 07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Re: C5/Xantia HDi bits interchangeable? Xant S1 and S2 bits

Post by Citroenmad »

Im not exactly sure but by looking at them most of the engine parts look interchangeable. I guess there is no harm in keeping the bits should you need them for the C5. Induction piping for the air intake is different as its positioned in a different place on the C5, however other piping may well be interchangeable.

You can upgrade the brake sizes, swapping over the calipers and most likely carriers. Chris750 has done this to his S1 Activa.

Headlights are not the same for S1 and S2, so they wont be swappable. Rear lights will if you like the more clear look.

Yes, spheres will swap but will give a firmer ride as you say.

Is the problem with Rattiva that you can not find a good rear electrovalve to swap it over with?
Chris
07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
Gibbo2286
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: 2006 C5 2.0 Litre HDI VTR Automatic Estate.(now sold on)
Currently Renault Zoe 2014 ZE

Post by Gibbo2286 »

If you're talking diesels there are several different turbos used so need to compare numbers/rpos before swapping.
Man is, by nature, a lazy beast, he does not need twice encouraging to do nothing.
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

If Rattiva has side airbags, could I ask if they are going to be available? One of Gracie's isn't responding to the main airbag ECU, and I'd like to replace it if I could.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

Citroenmad wrote:Im not exactly sure but by looking at them most of the engine parts look interchangeable. I guess there is no harm in keeping the bits should you need them for the C5. Induction piping for the air intake is different as its positioned in a different place on the C5, however other piping may well be interchangeable.

You can upgrade the brake sizes, swapping over the calipers and most likely carriers. Chris750 has done this to his S1 Activa.

Headlights are not the same for S1 and S2, so they wont be swappable. Rear lights will if you like the more clear look.

Yes, spheres will swap but will give a firmer ride as you say.

Is the problem with Rattiva that you can not find a good rear electrovalve to swap it over with?
Thanks Chris. We'll strip it of all it's ancillaries before it goes. I'm not sure of part numbers etc, but the turbo and induction piping, even if they won't fit the C5, can be stuck on my Berlingo then it can have a proper remap as per my original plan. Brakes will be swapped over as RUNN's brakes are utterly shot now too so it can have a new set of biggers discs and pads. I think the leather will go in, we can take the airbags out and HellRazor can have them - providing I can work out HOW to get them out.

I suspect some of RUNNS spheres - the rears, are knackered anyway, so the corners and centre from Rattiva can go on and will make a difference anyway.

You are correct - no electrovalve, and a lack of money and patience means it's the only option really. Sad isn't it?
Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

Hell Razor5543 wrote:If Rattiva has side airbags, could I ask if they are going to be available? One of Gracie's isn't responding to the main airbag ECU, and I'd like to replace it if I could.
Yes, of course. Do you know how to get them out the seats?
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

Sorry, I meant the side airbag ECU. They are situated in the center door pillar, just above the seat belt reel. You slide the seat fully forwards, and then, using a Torx T20 screwdriver, undo the two bolts at the bottom of the center trim. This allows that trim to be taken off. The ECU is then within the pillar, and is held in place with three bolts (I cannot remember the size, sorry). Once these are removed (and the reel is out of the way) the ECU can be dropped down.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!