508 SW 2.2 HDI - Complaints

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

kgoldman
New User

508 SW 2.2 HDI - Complaints

Post by kgoldman »

I have a 2 month old 508 SW 2.2 HDI.
I must say that the car is a beauty from the outside and it has quite a punch under the hood.
However, I have had a couple of nagging issues with the car and wonder whether there are anyone with a similar problem (I have not yet taken it back to the dealership but plan to do so upon the 1st service at 2500km)

1. Water leaking at door seal when it rains heavily
2. The floor mat is giving way at the plastic part of the mat
3. Loud wind sound when travelling above 90 kmh
4. Noisy when going over uneven road.. poor insulation. Sounds like the car is falling apart .

Separately, has anyone fitted a RaceChip and if yes, could you tell me where in the engine it should be fitted. Pictures would be perfect.
oneday
My Cars:

Re: 508 SW 2.2 HDI - Complaints

Post by oneday »

i dont think i would wait for the first service id be in there giving them hell
C5 2.0 HDI VTR 2003 ICELANDIC GREY
306 1.4 LX MERIDIAN
spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Post by spider »

Welcome.

You do need to speak to the dealer about these issues as they should be warranty concerns.

1. A new seal or the existing one checked to ensure its pushed fully onto the body lip.

2. Not sure but I do not see in two months it would be fair wear and tear, possibly parts warranty. Dealer will advise.

3. This could be the door seal as sound can travel around the car at speed making it difficult to determine. Ask this to be checked (again) after the door seal is rectified.

4. Not sure on this never driven one, I'd left a few years before this was produced. It may be normal unless its actually clonking or something. Best way to determine is ask the dealer if you can drive another one to test it to compare, they should have some demo's available.
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG
Lighty
My Cars:

Post by Lighty »

I have just parted with a Berlingo multispace, now I am not 100% sure , but i think the chassis is fairly similar to the 508, certainly at the front end, the Berlingo is plagued with issues withe the front suspension struts , anti roll bars and top strut mounts. I had to do lots of repairs to mine 22000 miles, in order to shut it up.
Personally I would return it to your dealers before the service and get it sorted.
As per the race chip, I would leave well alone until you get your issues sorted, personally never can understand why people are not happy with factory settings, if it aint fast enough buy a Porsche Cayenne or Audi Q7 ;)
http://www.marklightfootltd.co.uk
Dacia Duster 1.5 dci
Renault Twizy Technic
Citroen C15
Citroen Ami
kgoldman
New User

Post by kgoldman »

Thanks for the feedback guys... i will certainly take your inputs into account !