Battery change - Radio problems!!

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

markflack

Battery change - Radio problems!!

Post by markflack »

Hi all,

I removed the battery on my Citroen Dispatch 2007 to change it for a new one as the van had been standing for in excess of 5 months. The van is absolutely fine other than the radio is very quiet and none of the function keys will work on it. I don't have a code for the radio, but i'm assuming that it's locked out. I read something in the handbook about the van going into 'standby mode' if the battery runs low but its a bit vague to say the least!!

Can anyone help please?

Cheers!!
Sean602
Location: Roslin -yes the one with the chapel in Dan Browns book.
My Cars:

Re: Battery change - Radio problems!!

Post by Sean602 »

when mine (Clarion) locked out after a battery change there was nothing other than >code----< on the facia. Unfortunatley you need the chassis specific code off someone who has access to the database, its not like you can use some algorithm to calculate one. I went to the original dealer whose phone number was on the No plates he was able to give me mine.
kissing the lash
white van (turbo, computer and built by Citroen, what could possibly go wrong!)
orange 2cv
blue 2cv( been to the Sahara and back)
red Dyane( in bits)
Skoda (thank goodness there is a teutonic vehicle on the drive)
Stainless Siemens fridge freezer
markflack

Post by markflack »

Hi, Thanks for your response..

I've since been told that i don't need a code for the radio as it's 'matched' to the van..?? I've spoken to my local dealer but all they can suggest is putting the van onto their diagnostic machine at a cost of £45..!! I'll happily pay it if it'll work but the money could go towards a new radio is this one's knackered... Slightly lost here!

Cheers...
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

Where are you Mark? The may be someone with a Lexia near by that will run it over the van for a lot less than the dealer. Locations in This post
Richard W
markflack

Post by markflack »

I'm in Lowestoft, Suffolk... A Little bit 'out-back' but there looks like a guy's located in Norwich so i'll give it a go!!

Many thanks for your help..

Cheers...
markflack

Post by markflack »

It turns out that the radio is faulty.. So onto my next problem! I've purchased a second hand radio of exactly the same make and model to replace the faulty one. It works fine with the exception that it has a constant back ground beeping.. I'm assuming that this is because the radio doesn't have a code and needs to be matched to the van?

Any ideas how to solve this one please?

Thanks again...
qprdude
My Cars: Renault 5 TS, Renault 14ts, Citroen C5 Mk1, Renault Clio sport, Renault Laguna Privilege. Citroen C5 X7 Exclusive. Citroen DS5 D/sport . And around 25+ other brands from Morris Oxford to S Type jag and most things between.

Post by qprdude »

Probably back to the lexia session to pair it with the vehicle?
Rick.

2013 Citroen DS 5 D/Sport
2007 Renault Clio Campus sport. 1.2l

Sometimes the change doesn't work.