Hints and tips (or as confucious would say ...)

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

first-things-first

Hints and tips (or as confucious would say ...)

Post by first-things-first »

Hi everyone
I thought I would share this with you as it makes me laugh (now [:D] not last night [:(!]).
Smelt coolant from the heating (XM) an with no other sign of leaks it must be the heater matrix. Expecting a big price - nice surprise - £35 from our hosts. Took everything off - steering column, wheel, etc. Got old matrix out, whilst doing gymnastics (took out front seat to be able to lie down rather than doing some tantric yoga thing [:D]). Caught all the coolant with no spillages on the carpet (result). Got new matrix - noticed difference in plastic cap at end of matrix where old one had exposed pipes. Thought new design - they change all the time - old one original probably. Put in new matrix with plastic cap. Tight fit but went in as came out. Try to push home - no luck. Sticks out by about 10mm from edge of heater. Only one thing for it - have to remove and then tell supplier what think about fit of heater and grazed knuckles, etc. Matrix comes out - without plastic end cap.[:)] #*&^ing thing - that is now jammed inside heater box. Matrix now looks like old one (pound coin drops). Retrieve plastic end cap easily. Put matrix back and slots home lovely.
Not to self. Always check before you try and fit anything. Nice sticker with "This is a plastic end cap to protect matrix from damage. Remove before you fit on car, dumbass!!" would have been good.
Now to fit all back together.
Andrew