2006 C5 Fuse for Side and Tail Light

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

BigBadBob
My Cars:

2006 C5 Fuse for Side and Tail Light

Post by BigBadBob »

Hi there.
Does anybody know where I will find this fuse (LH Side and Tail Light). Handbook makes no mention. Haynes manual refers to fuse 22, but the layout in the manual is entirely different to the layout of either fuse box in my car (engine bay or glove box). I could start removing one by one until I find it, but am concerned I may affect another electrical circuit.
Thanks
2006 1.6 HDI C5 VTR Estate
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Re: 2006 C5 Fuse for Side and Tail Light

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

Do NOT start taking out fuses to see if it will help. You are right, it can cause problems, as per this link;

http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... =3&t=42151" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am unable to provide you with help, as I do not have any personal knowledge of the C5, but you can be sure that somebody will read your post who will be able to advise you.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
oneday
My Cars:

Post by oneday »

hiit sounds like your haynes manual is for the mk1 and you have the mk2 facelift if all else faile you could try to pm citroenmad he has a mk2
C5 2.0 HDI VTR 2003 ICELANDIC GREY
306 1.4 LX MERIDIAN
miked
My Cars: Xsara SX (2003) Last of the line.

Post by miked »

Is this any help? Might be later than 2006 but I don't know much about C5's. http://info.citroen.co.uk/assets/micros ... ndbook.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
BigBadBob
My Cars:

Post by BigBadBob »

miked wrote:Is this any help? Might be later than 2006 but I don't know much about C5's. http://info.citroen.co.uk/assets/micros ... ndbook.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Thanks for this. It is obviously the later model, but from memory looks closer to what I have than my own manual. I shall have a proper look in the daylight tomorrow.
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Post by Peter.N. »

I don't think I have ever found the fuses where they are supposed to be, had this problem with the 406 both the manual and handbook show different fuses and niether of them are right. :x

Peter
BigBadBob
My Cars:

Post by BigBadBob »

BigBadBob wrote:Hi there.
Does anybody know where I will find this fuse (LH Side and Tail Light). Handbook makes no mention. Haynes manual refers to fuse 22, but the layout in the manual is entirely different to the layout of either fuse box in my car (engine bay or glove box). I could start removing one by one until I find it, but am concerned I may affect another electrical circuit.
Thanks
Update
Spoke with Citroen Dealer who told me that there was no fuse as the circuit was controlled by the BSI unit. Decided to get the electrical meter out and search a bit further to discover a faulty connection of the wire connector connecting the lower light unit to the upper light unit. Have now replaced and all working fine.
Am a bit confused by this BSI unit. Looking in Haynes manual it appears to be some kind of connection unit that has a few of its own fuses which are somewhat inaccessible. I suspect there may be a few clever electronics on it also. As all is now working, will be leaving well alone!

Thanks for your responses.