Mileomiter/ trip meter not working. Dispatch06

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Sean602
Location: Roslin -yes the one with the chapel in Dan Browns book.
My Cars:

Mileomiter/ trip meter not working. Dispatch06

Post by Sean602 »

Ok Citroen Dispatch 06 one of the lights in the main console had stopped working - couldn't see fuel gauge at night so changed the bulb, it was a bit of a faff getting the bezel off to access the main lump. took an age to workout how to get access to the screw under the bezel had to remove most of the lower dash to get the steering colum cover off to get a looooong driver up and in to the secret screw under the reset button. un clipped the blue and yellow cable connector removed the console changed the fiddly little bulb and replaced everything ( omitting the screw underneath).

when fired up the mileomiter/trip/service indicator wont work. Is there a process to re start the thing? the dash was out all night as i took it in to the heat and light to change the bulbs and gave up waiting for daylight today. Have re checked the yellow and blue plugs and the pins are all ok there was a good deal of pressing of the reset button during removal as i wrestled with the black bezel but power was off.

please dont tell me its a flippin lexia session to change a poxy little 1.2w capless bulb in the dash!

Sean
Last edited by Sean602 on 20 Jan 2013, 21:07, edited 1 time in total.
kissing the lash
white van (turbo, computer and built by Citroen, what could possibly go wrong!)
orange 2cv
blue 2cv( been to the Sahara and back)
red Dyane( in bits)
Skoda (thank goodness there is a teutonic vehicle on the drive)
Stainless Siemens fridge freezer
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Re: Mileomiter/ trip meter not working. Dispatch06

Post by Peter.N. »

Check the printed circuit where the connector pins are soldered to the board, if you can see any cracks in the solder, resolder them.

Peter
Sean602
My Cars:

Re: Mileomiter/ trip meter not working. Dispatch06

Post by Sean602 »

cheers - ill have a look
whole thing out again as the entire RHS of the console not working no lights nothing - oh apart from the overheat red light in the temp guage has come on where it never did before , fuses in the internal fusebox OK This dash does seem to be suffering from plastic fatigue as most of the tags holding the binnacle have fallen off. Also found an extra 12" of the main loom which makes attaching both the plugs a damn sight easier.

still i can see how much fuel i dont have now.

Edit
little ribbon to connect the digital thing has parted company from the main board the rubber contact from the reset pin has fallen off too - guess that during the battle with the bazel the reset pin had been pushed and knocked the ribbon - there is a fair bit of fuzz and corrosion on the part of the board so guess it was ready to go at any time :roll:
is there any way of re attaching such things im pretty handy with the MIG but this is beyond my usual technology of big hammer and a welder

well you certainly cant solder the ribbon it just melts :cry:
off to scrappy tomorrow then
kissing the lash
orange 2cv
red Dyane( in bits)
Sean602
My Cars:

Re: Mileomiter/ trip meter not working. Dispatch06>update<

Post by Sean602 »

Finally got to the scrap yard 1 pug 1 fiat and a synergy - tried 2 dash boards before getting a working one. DOH the overall mileage and sevice indicator is on a chip in the dash! ive now got a really faded dash that reads 110* on the water temp guage and the needle regularly moves between 80 and 110 every 30 seconds - ive added 140K to the mileage of the van and the deepest irony the fuel guage is not illuminated which started this whole sorry saga off in the first place :cry: The dash cost £40 then lost half the numerals on the LCD screen in 50miles as it filled with condensation

on the good news while trying to get 1 good dash out of 2 found that the original dash had the backlight for the lcd screen out. replaced the bulb only to find that a few of the cells of the LCD screen were working after i attempted to hot melt the ribbon back on to the board, further investigation needed as this may now be a repairable item just need to find the correct bonding agent!

but for the mean time old dash full quota of working lights but no mileomiter - seeing fuel levels and speed at night much more comforting.

Sean
( the French should not be allowed to make commercial vehicles especially if they let the Italians do the electrics)
kissing the lash
orange 2cv
red Dyane( in bits)