High pressure fuel pump leak

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

willy
My Cars:

High pressure fuel pump leak

Post by willy »

Hi All,

I have a fuel leak on my Xsara Picasso 2.0 2004 diesel :cry: . On the pump at the bottom sort of at the front there is a cover with 4 T40 torx screws. The diesel is flowing from this interface when running.

Can I just remove this cover and re-seal?

If so can it be done without removing the fuel pump. If I do have to remove the fuel pump how long would it take me?

Thanks

Willy
1275jstrap

Re: High pressure fuel pump leak

Post by 1275jstrap »

Hi done a couple of these but its been a while since i did one, i can remember all it is is corrosion between the two faces swelling apart causing the leaks. all i did as far as i can remember is remove the offending piston housing and clean it up and refit it, but one of them needs the pump to be removed but i cannot remember which one. i think its the back one facing the block the other two are do able in situe.
willy
My Cars:

Re: High pressure fuel pump leak

Post by willy »

Hi jstrap that's exactly what I thought, the front one is definitely accessible and is corroded. The problem is that I can't seem to get my T40 tool into the bottom screws can you remember what you used and also do you think using blue hylomar is going to be enough to seal it after cleaning it up? Thanks for the help.
Willy