Scrapping my C5 Hpi

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

birstall

Scrapping my C5 Hpi

Post by birstall »

sob, sob: after many years of enjoyment of a couple of Mk I C5 Hpi's, I've decided to scrap my current car.
I had a bit of a ding over the holidays and managed to reverse into a street lamp causing damage to the rear hatch and bumper.
Coupled with the near prospect of a cam belt change, and a couple of other small jobs that need doing, I've decided to scrap the car.

Unless someone wants to take it on as a going concern, I plan to strip off the HP pump as this is only about 3 years old with approx 30k on it so should be good for at least another 20k.
If no one takes it on I may strip bits off it before it is scrapped if anyone is interested.
I also have a boxed LP petrol pump which I bought from GSF but it has only low miles on it and is not needed for the current car.

Its a 2002 exclusive SE model hatch with only 68k on the clock in metallic grey. It has the sat nav complete with the two CDs if anyone needs them.
I'm located just south of Leeds.

There are also 4 good Toyo tyres that were all put on in 2012, but they are the larger 205 width as I originally transferred tyres from an estate version and kept the wider sizes.
I'm getting a Mk II C5 diesel as a replacement. I don't think that I can transfer the old tyres to the Mk II.

I think that I can raise about £450 for the tyres/HP pump and scrap value.
I thought I'd post it here first in case anyone has an interest. Note it is currently taxed and has an MOT until May and drives fine.

The jobs that currently need doing are: 1 No exhaust temperature sensor, passenger seat airbag and offside rear view mirror demister not working.
You'd also need to do something about the bumper and hatch, although the boot still opens and locks OK.
Also the alloy wheels have a lot of bubbling on them.
Apart from that everything else works as it should as far as I can see, including the a/c.

The car is overdue for a service and is currenty only returning about 27 mpg around town.
I know that this particular engine type doesn't have a good reputation, but I have enjoyed owning these for about 6 years and I've really enjoyed driving them.
The current car has needed no major work on it since I acquired it in May 2011 and sailed through the last MOT.

It's just easier for me to spend a bit more on a newer Mk II diesel without having to spend time sorting out the older one, but if you want the car for sorting out yourself please let me know.
Current: C5 HDI Exclusive Saloon
Past : C5 HPI Exclusive Saloon
C5 HPI Exclusive Est
Xantia 1.9TD VSX
BX 1.7 TZD
den169
My Cars:

Re: Scrapping my C5 Hpi

Post by den169 »

Possibly might be interested in the tyres,Also i'm after the indicator light cruise control fitting think it comes off in one lump not sure if a petrol and diesel are the same..I'm in Bradford so not far.
Mandrake
My Cars:

Post by Mandrake »

Seems a shame to scrap a perfectly good car just because its due a cam belt and has a dent in the rear bumper/boot. Have you tried the for sale section in the forum to see if a forum member is interested in taking it on despite it needing the cam belt doing ? Maybe its just what someone is looking for ? I'm sure some forum members do cam belt changes before breakfast :lol:
Simon

1997 Xantia S1 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive in Silex Grey
2016 Nissan Leaf Tekna 30kWh in White

2011 Peugeot Ion Full Electric in Silver
1977 G Special 1129cc LHD
1978 CX 2400
1997 Xantia S1 2.0i Auto VSX
1998 Xantia S2 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive
birstall

Post by birstall »

den169
I've sent you a message.

Simon

I know it's a shame but the Hpi engine has such a bad reputation. However I'll try posting the same information in the for sale section as you suggest.

Cheers

Pete
C5 HPI Exclusive Est
Xantia 1.9TD VSX
BX 1.7 TZD
jgra1
(Donor 2021)
My Cars: 2010 C5 X7 2.0 hdi 160 exc auto
MG TF 135
Boxer II 2.2 camper conversion
BMW R1200RT
BMW K1300 R
Honda V F R 800 5thG / MT500 Armstrong

Post by jgra1 »

Pete I could be interested in a couple of postable bits.
John
birstall

Post by birstall »

John

If you send me a private message with the parts you need I'll see if I can fit this into the mix.

Cheers

Pete
C5 HPI Exclusive Est
Xantia 1.9TD VSX
BX 1.7 TZD