2006 Citroen Relay Van No Indicators "Batt" Flashing

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

crookie83

2006 Citroen Relay Van No Indicators "Batt" Flashing

Post by crookie83 »

hi there folks,

my 2006 Citroen relay van is causing me problems. Its due its mot tomorrow but the front passenger headlight has been all hazed up since i got the van around a year ago, so thought i would buy a replacement headlight which i fitted today.

Once i fitted replacement headlight (which wasn't a Citroen part) it was just an after market replacement i tested all the lights everything was working apart form indicators, i have none no hazards nothing not even getting a sound in the dash board when i use indicator or press hazard switch.

Thinking it must be the new light i then swapped it over with the old headlight but to my surprise indicators still weren't working. The next thing i noticed was that my clock had reset back to 0:00 and when i turned ignition on i'm getting "Batt" flashing but van starts fine however as soon as i turn the van off the rev counter needle stays where it was until i turn ignition back on again then all the pointers seem to reset themselves. Also the clock again resets back to 0:00.

I remember yesterday while driving the van when i used the indicator once it started flashing very fast as if there was a bulb blown but 2 mins later on the next use of them they were working fine again so thought nothing of it.

I'm thinking i have some sort of earth problem i have tried disconnecting the batter for well over half an hour and reconnecting but only thing it done was lose my radio code. With my mot tomorrow and no indicators working im snookered.

Anyone had similar problems like this or anyone got any other idea of what has or is causing this? any help much appreciated.

Crookie
Bick

Re: 2006 Citroen Relay Van No Indicators "Batt" Flashing

Post by Bick »

try a bsi reset if you do a serch on french bsi reset you will find the procedure.

the problem with the relays is they are fiat vans really so all the electrics are fiat!!!!!!!!!!!!!
spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Post by spider »

Have you had a windscreen ? Although its a Relay I do remember on some Berlingo's if a screen was fitted badly or not sealed it could leak water into the BSi with some interesting side effects, sometimes at random.
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG
Lighty
My Cars:

Post by Lighty »

The flasher unit for the indicators is built into the switches in the centre of the dash that incorporates the rear fog lamps and the hazard switch. Unfortunately this unit is very expensive, I think in excess of £200. They are quite prone to failure, although this doe not explain why you are loosing the clock time. It may be that you have blown a fuse whenfitting the light, and it works the indicators and the clock memory. I would make a careful check of all fused before proceeding. Remember these vans are basically Fiats, so its Italian electrics ;)
http://www.marklightfootltd.co.uk
Dacia Duster 1.5 dci
Renault Twizy Technic
Citroen C15
Citroen Ami
crookie83

Post by crookie83 »

Lighty wrote:The flasher unit for the indicators is built into the switches in the centre of the dash that incorporates the rear fog lamps and the hazard switch. Unfortunately this unit is very expensive, I think in excess of £200. They are quite prone to failure, although this doe not explain why you are loosing the clock time. It may be that you have blown a fuse whenfitting the light, and it works the indicators and the clock memory. I would make a careful check of all fused before proceeding. Remember these vans are basically Fiats, so its Italian electrics ;)
you were spot on with it being a blown fuse, however it was a Citroen dealer that found this out for me.
RCA
New User
My Cars: Clio Williams

Post by RCA »

Hi, do you know which fuse? Mine is doing exactly the same...