206 hdi keyfob

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

keithn410

206 hdi keyfob

Post by keithn410 »

can anyone help? my remote keyfob was broken, although it still unlocked my car but didnt lock ( which i did with the key ), so i bought replacement plastic cover which came with a new battery. i replaced battery and cover went to try it on my car and it wont start?? with the dash reading..... immobiliser fault?? an help would be appreciated. cheers. keith.
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

Easy peasy. There's a little immobiliser transponder "chip" you need transferred over from old keyfob to new. Not much bigger than a grain of rice and blackish.

Hope you haven't binned the old casing yet! :shock:
keithn410

Re: 206 hdi keyfob

Post by keithn410 »

superb!! found the chip and swapped it over but still no joy? do i have to do some kind of reset as i have been tryin to start the car without the chip for the last half hour? many thanks for your reply. keith.
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

It may have "lost" recognition of the key chip, but try the following if you have an hour free:

Put up all the windows except the driver's, pop the bonnet release, close and lock the doors. Don't arm the alarm if it has one.

After twenty minutes, lift the bonnet and disconnect the battery cables. Bridge them together through an instrument panel globe, as this offers slight resistance, hold together for half a minute. Now reconnect the battery cables, and open the car with your transmitter fob (or, if this does not work yet) the keylock in your door. Within a few seconds of unlocking the door, place the key in the ignition, turn it on and see if it starts.