Engine cover clips

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Northern_Mike

Engine cover clips

Post by Northern_Mike »

I'm wondering what to do about my problem with engine cover clips. I seem to forever be losing/breaking/ the damn things, or they fall off. Two dealer-bought ones that cost me £17 for the full kit have simply snapped at the top recently.

I was considering something similar to eBay item 110997747163 to hopefully solve the problem once and for all. Does anyone have any thoughts or better ideas? It's driving me potty!
oneday
My Cars:

Re: Engine cover clips

Post by oneday »

i tried a set of these on the xsara the rubber parts split from the metal so about in the same league as the others
C5 2.0 HDI VTR 2003 ICELANDIC GREY
306 1.4 LX MERIDIAN
Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

Cheers Oneday. I think I'll get some bolts and some petrol pipe or similar and fashion my own, as I'm sick of going to the dealer. The parts man at Freeborn Wokingham (sadly just over 2 miles and 5 mins from my front door) knows what I want as soon as he sees me now...
oneday
My Cars:

Post by oneday »

yes thats what i did in the end your parts supplier will miss you :P
C5 2.0 HDI VTR 2003 ICELANDIC GREY
306 1.4 LX MERIDIAN
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Post by Peter.N. »

I tried the cheap ebay ones and they were certainly no better. Had half of them not dissapeared I could have stuck them together, but I am sure we can make up something better ourselves.

Peter
Eddie Nuff
New User
My Cars:

Post by Eddie Nuff »

Peter.N. wrote:I tried the cheap ebay ones and they were certainly no worse.
I work on the basis that the whole idea is plain crap and cheap ones will last just as long as expensive ones.
Northern_Mike

Re:

Post by Northern_Mike »

Eddie Nuff wrote:
Peter.N. wrote:I tried the cheap ebay ones and they were certainly no worse.
I work on the basis that the whole idea is plain crap and cheap ones will last just as long as expensive ones.
I agree Eddie, they are complete crap. If I wasn't 99% sure that the thing warms up quicker and is a little quieter with the engine cover on, I'd leave it off, it's a sodding nuisance really. Seems the clips break as soon as you touch them, and I've had both originals and fakes break untouched!
Gibbo2286
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: 2006 C5 2.0 Litre HDI VTR Automatic Estate.(now sold on)
Currently Renault Zoe 2014 ZE

Post by Gibbo2286 »

Instead of using the twist off caps I use the little hairpin type clips from brake pad wedges, they are easy to take off without putting any stress on the rubber bit.
These: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/50-X-R-CLIPS- ... 416b131267" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Man is, by nature, a lazy beast, he does not need twice encouraging to do nothing.