Dispatch 2.0HDi Timing Belt Intervals.

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

merlecollins

Dispatch 2.0HDi Timing Belt Intervals.

Post by merlecollins »

Hi all,

Does anyone know the change intervals for the Dispatch 2.0HDi engine?

I've just bought one with 87,500 miles on it and the previous owner had it from 55,000 miles without changing it, but seemed to think the previous owner had changed it.... :?
oneday
My Cars:

Re: Dispatch 2.0HDi Timing Belt Intervals.

Post by oneday »

hi useualy between 80, 100000 miles or 10 years for the hdi so i would say its ready as you dont realy know if its been done. do the water pump at the same time

what year is the vehicle?
C5 2.0 HDI VTR 2003 ICELANDIC GREY
306 1.4 LX MERIDIAN
merlecollins

Post by merlecollins »

Thats great oneday thanks for the quick advice! :)

One other thing that concerns me is that the timing belt seems to be very exposed in the engine, should it not have some sort of cover over it?

The engine in general is a lot more 'open' than that of my last van a Berlingo 2.0HDi, which had a cover over the entire engine....
oneday wrote:hi useualy between 80, 100000 miles or 10 years for the hdi so i would say its ready as you dont realy know if its been done. do the water pump at the same time
oneday
My Cars:

Post by oneday »

are you sure its not the aux belt you can see. but you are right you shouldnt be able to see much if any of the cam belt at least you carnt on my c5 hdi or on the xsara hdi i had
306 1.4 LX MERIDIAN
merlecollins

Post by merlecollins »

Definitely the timing belt - located to the left of the engine as you are looking down on it.
oneday wrote:are you sure its not the aux belt you can see. but you are right you shouldnt be able to see much if any of the cam belt at least you carnt on my c5 hdi or on the xsara hdi i had
oneday
My Cars:

Post by oneday »

sounds like the covers are missing
306 1.4 LX MERIDIAN
merlecollins

Post by merlecollins »

Which makes me think that perhaps the timing belt 'has' been done at some stage and the covers damaged or misplaced... :?
oneday wrote:sounds like the covers are missing
oneday
My Cars:

Post by oneday »

possibly or they could of just started the job and given up. as you dont have the history i would change it and be on the safe side. cost alot more if it breaks
306 1.4 LX MERIDIAN
merlecollins

Post by merlecollins »

Will do - what sort of cost do you reckon I'm looking at paying to have it done?
oneday wrote:possibly or they could of just started the job and given up. as you dont have the history i would change it and be on the safe side. cost alot more if it breaks
oneday
My Cars:

Post by oneday »

i do my own repairs and serviceing. but from what ive seen on here between 250 to 350 depending on where you live i think
306 1.4 LX MERIDIAN
Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

merlecollins wrote:Will do - what sort of cost do you reckon I'm looking at paying to have it done?
My well known Citroen Independent down here in Berkshire (Reading) quoted me £350 inc waterpump to supply and fit a timing belt kit to my 2.0HDi Berlingo.

I shall, however, be taking it to Savoy up North and paying the same.
Bick

Post by Bick »

check out the price the citroen dealers are doing things for now you will be amazed http://info.citroen.co.uk/finance-and-s ... ce-repairs" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
merlecollins

Post by merlecollins »

Not that cheap a job to get done then, but most definitely essential....

Out of interest does anyone know what part would carry the title 'N/STOCK STRAINER'? I have an invoice here from the previous owner for this item which cost him £69.04 from a Citroen Main Dealer. It carried the part number C190165.

Rattiva_Mike wrote:
merlecollins wrote:Will do - what sort of cost do you reckon I'm looking at paying to have it done?
My well known Citroen Independent down here in Berkshire (Reading) quoted me £350 inc waterpump to supply and fit a timing belt kit to my 2.0HDi Berlingo.

I shall, however, be taking it to Savoy up North and paying the same.
oneday
My Cars:

Post by oneday »

so about 355 then you need the water pump that will take it over the 400 mark looks good untill you add the vat
306 1.4 LX MERIDIAN
merlecollins

Post by merlecollins »

If that is a Main Dealer price, what sort of reduction would you anticipate from an independent garage?
oneday wrote:so about 355 then you need the water pump that will take it over the 400 mark looks good untill you add the vat