c5 water leak

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

thefrenchconnection
My Cars:

c5 water leak

Post by thefrenchconnection »

i have a problem i have water in the nsr footwell i managed to soak it up yesterday but its been chucking it down today went to car and footwell was full again.i took the rear passenger side doorcard off and found water was getting in from top of the door dripping onto the speaker cables and running to the bottom of the door so i presume the exterior weatherseal has had it or do i replace all the seals on the door anyone experienced same thing?

marc
2001 c5 2.0hdi sx
Mandrake
My Cars:

Re: c5 water leak

Post by Mandrake »

Most car doors are not designed to be water tight on the outside, its normal for some water to get down past the glass into the door on the outwards facing side of the door cavity...from there it should drip to the bottom of the door cavity and drain out through the drain holes at the bottom. It shouldn't be able to get to the speaker wires. Check that the drain holes at the bottom are not blocked.
Simon

1997 Xantia S1 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive in Silex Grey
2016 Nissan Leaf Tekna 30kWh in White

2011 Peugeot Ion Full Electric in Silver
1977 G Special 1129cc LHD
1978 CX 2400
1997 Xantia S1 2.0i Auto VSX
1998 Xantia S2 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive
thefrenchconnection
My Cars:

drain holes are fine checked when i had the door card off dont understand it :-(

marc
2001 c5 2.0hdi sx
thefrenchconnection
My Cars:

well fitted a new membrane under the door card and new trim clips and stuck some gaffer taper on the weatherstrip on the outside the other day and no leaks,i picked up the new weatherstrip from citroen today and fitted it just waiting for rain to see if this has done the job.
marc
2001 c5 2.0hdi sx