Languna II Fault Code P1431

This is the Forum for all your Renault Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

ldare2000

Languna II Fault Code P1431

Post by ldare2000 »

Hi,

I have a Renault Laguna 2005 130bhp 1.9DCi and I'm in limp mode, can't go over 2.5k RPM and I have low power. I've the unhelpful 'check injector' warning and fault code P1431 on the OBDII.

Could someone please let me know what this fault code means?

I've seen posts online saying you just need to blast down the motorway to clear the particle filter. I have tried this but it's hard to 'blast' with such low RPM. I'm also not sure if this will help me as I'd been on the motorway fine earlier in the day when the ECU light came on so I should have burnt a load of soot just before getting the warning light.

I've read also that other with same symptons have changed the MAP sensor and resolved without OBDII diagnosise. Does P1431 releate to the MAP sensor?

Others have said take out the EGR and clean, and I've also read people say block off the EGR valve. If I'm going to block off the EGR which I think it easier on the 130bhp than the 120bhp do I need to bother cleaning?

Also had the blasting up the motorway worked would the ECU light go off during the drive, ie do I keep driving until it goes out (or I reach Scotland LOL) or would it go off when restarting and if so should I pull over at regular intervals to check?

I look forward to your replies,

Thanks
Louis
ldare2000

Re: Languna II Fault Code P1431

Post by ldare2000 »

Is frenchcarforum.co.uk dead? Doesn't seem to be much activity in the recent posts?

I've done a lot of research and it is common for the EGR valve to clog and stick however I don't have the normal barrel EGR value, I have this one:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/300793806130? ... 1438.l2649" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Is it also common for these to clog and stick and it's much harder to remove than the usual one. I'm thinking as this one is a bigger job I should just replace however they are £162 from GSF and I don't 100% know it's this as I'm not sure what P1431 means.

I've run Forte EGR cleaner through the fuel tank and blasted down the motor way at 70mph however this isn't easy when in limp mode and there are inclines.

Cheers
Louis