HELP me 2004 Citroen C5, radio, A/C window Off

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

forumoto

HELP me 2004 Citroen C5, radio, A/C window Off

Post by forumoto »

Please help me, i have being battling with this problem for two weeks now, i have changed the BSI, the engine fuse board yet still the problem persist, i want to solve it before i move on to the next,

now the car is diesel and wont start at all, secondly and most importantly as well, the RADIO is off, when you press source to switch it on, it wont come on, nothing happened, the A/C panel does not also comes up, it is blank no light nothing shows on, and the does windows when you press the window regulator nothing happens, the glass does not come up nor goes down...

i have checked all wiring and fuses and everything is fine but yet still this things wont come on upon feeding power to the car,
i have had the bsi and the bsm changed yet still.... please what could be the problem, this happens while driving the and the car stopped, in a couple of minutes it start again and finally went dead...

i have hock scan tool and there is no fault codes in the bsi which came with the car, as well as the a/c side and the radio side, the only setback i face is, when i tried to read the live data stream for the radio, a/c . i got taken back. but when read for fault code in this modules, there is no code theres

please help me i need help, i want to know what to do to make the radio, the a/c button wake up to power as well as the window regulators.. thank you
oneday
My Cars:

Re: HELP me 2004 Citroen C5, radio, A/C window Off

Post by oneday »

if the car wont start it may of by now gone into eco mode this will turn all the electrics off that you have mentioned it wont come out of eco mode untill the engine runs, or am i reading this thread wrong.
C5 2.0 HDI VTR 2003 ICELANDIC GREY
306 1.4 LX MERIDIAN
forumoto

Post by forumoto »

if this has gone into ecu shut down mode, taking battery terminal off for 4 days or 5 days, should reset the system, even taking a fuse that is label SH, in the dash panel should also reset it up, or even reprogramming the keys should reset the system, i did all this things yet the problem persist
oneday
My Cars:

Post by oneday »

not ecu shutdown economy mode this is a system which save power by shutting most of the electrical circuits down after 30 mins of none running but with icnition on . the only way to reset it is to run the engine.
C5 2.0 HDI VTR 2003 ICELANDIC GREY
306 1.4 LX MERIDIAN
forumoto

Post by forumoto »

the vehicle wont start as well currently, and there is no fault code in the engine side , when you scan for fault code, when you test the actuators with scan tool various sensors are responding upon test result,
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

I don't have a C5, so I cannot be certain if the advice I am about to give will help. However, here goes.

Based on what I have read on this forum, the C5 can be very awkward if the battery is not in a good state. The car doesn't tell you what is wrong, it just throws all its toys out of the pram. I would check the battery VERY carefully, and if it is ever SLIGHTLY suspect replace it with a known good one (if you have the right one spare) otherwise you will have to go shopping.

You don't say how much mileage the car has done. If it is a lot (150,000 miles or so) the brushes on the alternator might be on the way out (which could result in the battery not getting a full charge). Whether these could be replaced or not would need somebody with more knowledge than I have got to explain what to do about it.

I do hope this helps.
Last edited by Hell Razor5543 on 28 Feb 2013, 22:38, edited 1 time in total.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
forumoto

Post by forumoto »

thank you very much for your contribution, now i have replaced the car battery with another car which i have bought it battery recently, yet the radio, the window, a/c wont come up and car also wont start at all... but the question i ask is do you want to tell me if the alternator is not good the car wont turn on the radio or the a/c panel or window wont go up and down... this is wierd any way , there is a little light that is incorporate inside the radio panel, it is close to a red button, as soon as you put on battery terminal, you will see that light blinks or flashes, and also you will see a spin of something coming from the radio, system but when you try to press the source for it to come on, it wont come on... as for the a/c nothing comes on the digital panel of the a.c at all, all the button is numb.... for the window as well, nothing comes on when you press it button
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

Not sure if this would cure your problem but there is a protracted procedure regarding the removal and refitting of the C5 battery - do make sure that any replacement is fully charged before fitting, charge for 24 hours rather than just removing one from another car as it may still not carry a full charge.

Info here.
coastline taxis

Post by coastline taxis »

Your posting is a bit hard to follow. But if i understand it properly youve changed a few parts and now the car wont start. one of the parts i think youve changrd is the bsi unit. Was it a second hand one if so then that is why your car wont start as its a coded part and wont reconise the key. once its married so to speak to the ecu it cant be divorced from it and remaried to anything else. So unless it was a new one coded in with lexia or similar then it wont work. Also as has already been mentioned the economy mode will be puting a lot of your systems to sleep
darbuck
Donor 2023
My Cars: 2008 Citroen C5 X7 Tourer VTR+ (138 BHP)
2007 Nissan Primera P12 1.6 T-Spec (110BHP)
2003 Citroen C5 Estate level 2 (110 BHP) 2.0 HDI
2001 Nissan Maxima QX 2.0 V6

Post by darbuck »

if you change the bsi in the c5 you have to change the ecu and ignition barrell and key reader aswell otherwise it wont work i discovered this over the past few months it will allow you to connect with lexia but wont actually control anything in the car without all the other parts also after you reconnect battery you need to wait aat least 10 minutes before switching on ignition or it wont start because of immobiliser hope this helps.
Darren