[solved] C3 sensodrive "stuck" - battery - thank you

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Michal
My Cars:

[solved] C3 sensodrive "stuck" - battery - thank you

Post by Michal »

My C3, after staying on the driveway for a couple of weeks (and cold weather), refused to turn the engine on one morning. I suspected the battery, so charged it (I thought) and tried again. It displayed the dash and snowflake to me, instead of the gear number. I could not change the gear to N. The car was in the 1st gear, so I could not move it neither. My thinking was, it's the sensodrive, packing up...

I found this forum and contacted CitroJim. Jim was enormously helpful, scanning the car with the software on his laptop and after a moment, suggested that the battery may be not really charged. The computer was detecting 8.8V on the battery. It was quite embarrassing :oops: :) I sorted the battery (this time properly), looked through the car manual and found out the gear reinitialisation procedure. After following the procedure and about half a minute of weird noises from the gear (gears changing?), the car displayed 1 and was ready to go!! :-D

Jim thank you for helping and for the time you spent on it, not mentioning that you had to travel to my place, as my car was stationary.

Lessons learned: a) check the battery first, use some meter; b) look through the car's manual to refresh memory;

The re-initialisation procedure of sensodrive on my C3 (e.g. after the battery was disconnected):
- switch on the ignition
- press on the brake pedal and keep pressing
- wait until you see "N" or a gear displayed (approx. 30s)
- release the brake pedal
oneday
My Cars:

Re: [solved] C3 sensodrive "stuck" - battery - thank you

Post by oneday »

thats what i like a nice simple repair and good help from jim
C5 2.0 HDI VTR 2003 ICELANDIC GREY
306 1.4 LX MERIDIAN
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: [solved] C3 sensodrive "stuck" - battery - thank you

Post by CitroJim »

Michal, I'm absolutely delighted to hear this :-D Excellent news!

I was good to meet you on Sunday. Both the XM and I thoroughly enjoyed the trip over to see you and the poorly C3 :-D

It was good to look at something other than a Xantia or an XM for a change :)

And thanks for adding some very valuable knowledge to the forum :-D
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...