306 hdi heater problem

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Welshy_Pete
My Cars: 306 hdi 1999 + 306 hdi 2000

306 hdi heater problem

Post by Welshy_Pete »

The heaters on my 306 hdi are not working at the moment.

Ive checked all the fuses inside below the steering wheel and in the engine bay there all fine.

Where the front interior light is the little fan still goes around. Also I can hear the fan motor near the glove box before your start the car. It makes the small noise but thats it.

The speed control makes no diffrence and the hot and cold setting.
citronut
My Cars:

Re: 306 hdi heater problem

Post by citronut »

i would firstly check the connections at the fan motor and speed control board as they over heat and cause bad connections,

it does also depend on if the car has air con or not, with air con the speed control/resistor pack is fixed to the fan mount base, without it is in the air intake in the scuttle, pull the intake grid away then reach into the ducting rotate the resistor pack a quarter'ish of a turn, pull it away and unplug it,

the second type there are two different makes, BEHR AND VALEO, so before ordering you will need to know which make you have, all being you do not have air con
Regards, malcolm.

current ride a BX 1.7 TZD estate
1986 MK1 BX 1.9na D Auto(in Mothman Andy's stable )
layed up roppy 1.9TD XANT estate, now gone to meet her maker
purple and lilac metalic 2CV(VIOLET)registered to her in doors
1972 DS special been layed up aprox 31 years
Welshy_Pete

Post by Welshy_Pete »

citronut wrote:i would firstly check the connections at the fan motor and speed control board as they over heat and cause bad connections,

it does also depend on if the car has air con or not, with air con the speed control/resistor pack is fixed to the fan mount base, without it is in the air intake in the scuttle, pull the intake grid away then reach into the ducting rotate the resistor pack a quarter'ish of a turn, pull it away and unplug it,

the second type there are two different makes, BEHR AND VALEO, so before ordering you will need to know which make you have, all being you do not have air con
The car has the air con
Welshy_Pete

Post by Welshy_Pete »

Mine was behr make in the end.

There was no blower. But I took the heater out then put it back in and it worked. I've cleaned it all up now when I took it out the second time. But it all seems to be working ok now so maybe the connector needed taking on and of or the heater needed moving about or something.
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

it was almost certainly a bad connection at one of the plug connectors going to the fan/speed control module,
next time you take it out have a close look at the terminals, i think you will find at least one had got hot causing a bad connection
Regards, malcolm.

current ride a BX 1.7 TZD estate
1986 MK1 BX 1.9na D Auto(in Mothman Andy's stable )
layed up roppy 1.9TD XANT estate, now gone to meet her maker
purple and lilac metalic 2CV(VIOLET)registered to her in doors
1972 DS special been layed up aprox 31 years