chrome strips

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

jacksun1987

chrome strips

Post by jacksun1987 »

Which chrome strips Would do my xantia.
Some foreign Woman at work backed in to my car. I saw the car move ad a crunch sound. It was on the divers side front corner of the car. Near the head light indercater light.
But amazing nothing was damaged. Just a scratch. She had a 06 megan.
I wouldn't mind tarting the car up a bit
http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_sacat ... ips&_rdc=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Another problem. The horn does not work. And sometimes the tick tock of the indercater comes on sometimes. Is it a fuse
Citroenmad
My Cars: 07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Re: chrome strips

Post by Citroenmad »

Those are all generic chrome trims, which would just look awful.

If your bumper ones have past their best you need to source some better ones. They are available but are getting scarce, as everyone wants the good ones. Also note that series one Xantias have different bumper chrome trims to the series two cars. They are available from Citroen, just the chrome trim on its own, for about £60 an end.

For the doors, you can fit a stailness steel kit. These are available from Brian Primmer. I have them fitted to my Activa Xantia and they look excellent, much better than the originals. They are cut to size and ready to fit.

Your indicator tick will be a dirty or worn connection on the indicator stalk. I had this on mine a few months back, I replaced the indicator stalk with a new one. I think it was about £40-£50. You need the steering wheel off to fit, but its only a half hour job.
Chris
07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10