Citroen piccaso xsara,2001 wiper fault ....help

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

alotmentman

Citroen piccaso xsara,2001 wiper fault ....help

Post by alotmentman »

ive got a Citroen piccaso xsara 2001 model ,,,,the front wipers just stop working ,,,the back wiper works fine off the control arm on the stering ....ive check the motor that works with a direct feed of 12v power ,,,,ive checked the fuses that are inside the car and under the bonnet ,,,is there any resisters thet i can check and could you point me were they are on the car .....to help me solve the problem many thanks to you all
(Donor 2017)
My Cars: Citroen C5 2.0 Hdi 2003

Re: Citroën piccaso xsara,2001 wiper fault ....help

Post by 411514 »

It sounds quite an unusual problem so you may not get many replies. At 2001 reg your car may or may not be multiplexed, or it may be half and half. Either way the stalk unit, later com2000 unit is known to be quite unreliable and tempermental so after checking fuses and the motor which you say you have done your next port of call should be testing and if necessary replacing the stalk unit, sam
Edit: A wiring diagram such as those it haynes may show which connecting pin on the stalk relates to which function so if it turns out that your stalk is fine and the problem lies between stalk and motor you might well be able to just run a seperate wire between stalk feed and motor
Sam

2003 C5 2.0HDI 110
(Donor 2017)

Post by 411514 »

Another thought, such are the nature of electrical faults you may find that a simple system reset by disconnecting the battery and following the relevant procedure cures it, may be worth a try, sam
Sam

2003 C5 2.0HDI 110
oneday
My Cars:

Post by oneday »

sounds like a lexia sesion might help track down the problem have a look at the list of owners in the supersticky section see if anyone is near you
C5 2.0 HDI VTR 2003 ICELANDIC GREY
306 1.4 LX MERIDIAN
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

Early Picassos are not fully multiplexed - the column stalks are conventionally wired. So, see if you've got power coming to the motor when it's switched on, if not, and the fuses are OK, then time to get the shrouds off (don't know if you can do this without taking the wheel off) - and see if there is power there, and if the switch is working. My guess is you will find the switch is shot. Haynes do a BOL for the Picasso - can't look in mine as I gave it to a friend after I sold ours....
Richard W
alotmentman

Post by alotmentman »

oneday wrote:sounds like a lexia sesion might help track down the problem have a look at the list of owners in the supersticky section see if anyone is near you
only at pinxton town lol thanks mate ps wots {lexia sesion }newbie ta site ;lol :-D is the one near us thanks
alotmentman

Post by alotmentman »

411514 wrote:It sounds quite an unusual problem so you may not get many replies. At 2001 reg your car may or may not be multiplexed, or it may be half and half. Either way the stalk unit, later com2000 unit is known to be quite unreliable and tempermental so after checking fuses and the motor which you say you have done your next port of call should be testing and if necessary replacing the stalk unit, sam
Edit: A wiring diagram such as those it haynes may show which connecting pin on the stalk relates to which function so if it turns out that your stalk is fine and the problem lies between stalk and motor you might well be able to just run a seperate wire between stalk feed and motor
THANKS MATE I LET U KNOW HOW I GET ON PS DO I NEED TO DISCONNECT AIR BAG TO TAKE THE STERING WHEEL OFF IF I NEED TO REPLACE THE STALK THANKS AGAIN
oneday
My Cars:

Post by oneday »

a lexia is the computer interface to read faults and to help trace where the fault lies. but as you car is not fully multiplex im not sure it will help to much
C5 2.0 HDI VTR 2003 ICELANDIC GREY
306 1.4 LX MERIDIAN
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

I've seen this twice due to the underbonnet fuse panel faulting.
(Donor 2017)

Post by 411514 »

THANKS MATE I LET U KNOW HOW I GET ON PS DO I NEED TO DISCONNECT AIR BAG TO TAKE THE STERING WHEEL OFF IF I NEED TO REPLACE THE STALK THANKS AGAIN
No the wheel does not have to come off, it is replaced by removing the plastic cowling which if i remeber correctly is secured with a single torx screw directly underneath the steering wheel. I cant remember the exact method but once you have a look at it, it should become apparent, its not too tricky. Might be worth getting a haynes manual for the xsara as for some jobs it is pretty good, sam
Sam

2003 C5 2.0HDI 110
alotmentman

Post by alotmentman »

thanks sam i sort tomorrow mate ive found the screw will let you no wot i find