last resort on the blower

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

jamez87

last resort on the blower

Post by jamez87 »

right, today i have.....

tested a different fan...so i believe i can rule that out.

tested a cheapy transistor from ebay, if that was duff then obviously had one in the other fan and just for luck tried another one i pulled from a 406...no luck..so i believe i can rule that out.

i can hear movement from the vents...im guessing the heat flaps etc but i hcan hear no noticable clicking when i turn the fan on so im hoping my last resort is this relay...

there is no relay near the fan (behind dash) and i can see 3 relays near my clutch pedal....1 green, 1 orange and green and 1 black...maybe it is one of them? but that is all i can see.

They are literally right between the centre consol and the clutch pedal!!
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: last resort on the blower

Post by CitroJim »

James. what car is this?
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
jamez87

Post by jamez87 »

2001 (ph2) xsara hdi 110....sorry forgot to put that
jamez87

Post by jamez87 »

i must conclude this topic with.....citroen did not know there was a relay for the blowers. However i did find out there was one and where it was! I got citroen to pull the relay and it was burned out, they still didnt have much faith but i replaced the relay and done! blowers working!

the relay was inbetween the clutch pedal and centre console and was a all green relay next to a black one and a orange one. However this will proply be completely different on your car as all xsaras seem to have different fuse and relay layouts!!
Old-Guy
My Cars: 2011 Grand C4 Picasso VTR+ 1.6HDi in Kyanos Blue
1995 Xantia Estate SX 1.9TD in Vert Vega "The Green Lady" - now owned by XanTom
1998 Xantia 2.1 VXD Estate in Mauritius Blue - R.I.P. (terminal tin-worm)

Post by Old-Guy »

jamez87 wrote:However this will proply be completely different on your car as all xsaras seem to have different fuse and relay layouts!!
Just like Xantias then :-D
2011 Grand C4 Picasso VTR+ 1.6HDi in Kyanos Blue
1995 Xantia Estate SX 1.9TD in Vert Vega "The Green Lady" - after 11 years now owned by XanTom
1998 Xantia 2.1 VXD Estate in Mauritius Blue - R.I.P. (terminal tin-worm)