picasso hdi vacume pump? running probs

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

mozzy

picasso hdi vacume pump? running probs

Post by mozzy »

hi again, was driving my 2.0 hdi last night when it lost all its power, revs to around 1500 rpm, plumes of browny coloured smoke, so i had a play with it today during work and , there is no eml light on and idles fine, but as soon as i try to increase the revs it smokes, stutters and wont rev past 1500 rpm....if i unplug the hose from the vacum pump, it revs fine, very smoothly but with a bit of blue smoke, if i put my thumb over the vacume pump hole it sucks against my thumb, and still revs freely, it also makes a clicking and sucking sound, as soon as i plug master cylinder pipe back to it, it returns to thick brown smoke and not revving....im close to scrapping it if i dont get it sorted soon, any ideas
mozzy

Re: picasso hdi vacume pump? running probs

Post by mozzy »

problem solved, god knows how, just started it and its all back to normal?????????? a self repairing car, typical for a french car lol
spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Post by spider »

EGR may of been stuck open slightly as (I think, not 100% sure on the later units) it needs the vacuum to operate the valve itself. I first though of the MAF but that would not cause a smoking effect. I guess the EGR may be getting stiff as its clogging with blowby gas / particles over time.

Just an idea.
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG
lurchy666
My Cars: citroen c5 hdi 2.2 auto estate

Post by lurchy666 »

when i saw this last night i thought egr stuck open as well but didnt have time to reply sorry (real life gets in the way sometimes)
c5 2.2 auto hdi estate 52 reg