Cheap ebay glowplugs

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Cheap ebay glowplugs

Post by spider »

Yes I know :oops: , but no one locally had any decent Bosch / Beru in and these were next day delivery. I really should of asked the factor to order them in. I've used Bosch in the 205, they were still working six years later.

Anyway these new 'cheap' TUD5 ones apart from the threaded section not being 'attached' to the body, well it twists on its own when gently tightening the supply nut, have lasted about a month. One's failed already. :D

Lesson learned. I've yet to check to see which one has failed however the past two days in the cold morning its obviously one down, there's no doubt about that.

I guess the cheap ones are OK if you were selling said vehicle the next day ( :D ) but otherwise its a no no, perhaps I've just been especially unlucky. I did take the time to emery the supply wiring between the plugs (both sides) and the main 'feed' wire eyelet too, not that they were corroded to any degree simply as a 'while I'm here...' thing.
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG
spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Re: Cheap ebay glowplugs

Post by spider »

Well interestingly it started fine this morning, I guess as its going to get intermittent its going to be the fact they are a bit 'loose' on the head area, I suspect there's not an ideal connection. Oh well. Bosch next time.
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG