Adding Optional extras to 2009 c5 exclusive

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Diakatarnis

Adding Optional extras to 2009 c5 exclusive

Post by Diakatarnis »

Hi I've just got myself a nice C5 exclusive 2009, and was wondering how easy and what I would need to install the following upgrades:

Navigation system (is it called mynav or something like that ? )

Heated seats

Timed heating / defrost?

Bluetooth (is this part of the navidrive system?)

Lane change detection.

Not sure which ones are feasible but I can't seem to find much info online and the navigation system seems to have so many models i have no idea where to start.
qprdude
My Cars: Renault 5 TS, Renault 14ts, Citroen C5 Mk1, Renault Clio sport, Renault Laguna Privilege. Citroen C5 X7 Exclusive. Citroen DS5 D/sport . And around 25+ other brands from Morris Oxford to S Type jag and most things between.

Re: Adding Optional extras to 2009 c5 exclusive

Post by qprdude »

The sat nav was Navi-drive, then was updated to "Myway". As far as I know, you cannot add a sat nav as the whole fascia is different.
Bluetooth is included in later cars, I'm not sure from which year. If you have the slot to the right of the radio for a sim card, you cannot add blue tooth.
By Timed heating, if you mean a diesel pre-heater, then probably not, unless the stuff is already on the car. Lane change detection I don't know, but I suspect most "packs" or "extras" were added at manufacture, according to the customers requirements.
Heated electric seats should be manageable, but at a cost, again if the wiring is in situ.
Afraid that you will probably have to enjoy the car as it is, unless money is no object.
Rick.

2013 Citroen DS 5 D/Sport
2007 Renault Clio Campus sport. 1.2l

Sometimes the change doesn't work.
mooseshaver
My Cars:

Post by mooseshaver »

If you do a google search you can find an after market sat nav that includes a new screen and trim. It looks neat in pictures but I would want to see what happens with the usual Citroen messages that would normally be on the screen.
C5 III Tourer 2.0 HDi 163 Auto Exclusive
Gone cars.
C5 2.2 HDi Exclusive Estate auto 57. Awesome car. Sadly Could not be fixed by Citroen.
C5 1.6 HDi VTR Estate 56. Traded in.
C5 2.2 HDi SX Estate 02. Drowned in the floods of 09.
C3 1.4 HDi 92 SX 52.
Saxo 1.1 East Coast.
Diakatarnis

Post by Diakatarnis »

I think after having a look around a lot of the upgrades may be too expensive, however upgrading the RD4 to RNEG doesnt seem too hard, but i cant find anyone who supplies the facia :(

There other option would be to find a breakers and get the facia from a +NAV C5 which should have the same inside trim, and then use that, but can I find a local breakers with a newer C5 .... not a chance :(

Any suggestions? I'm in Chesham in Buckinghamshire.