not citroen b*l*e*e*d*i*n*g rover 25

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

citronut
My Cars:

not citroen b*l*e*e*d*i*n*g rover 25

Post by citronut »

has any of you clever lot had experience of bleeding an 03 rover 25 1.4 16V petrol cooling system,

i fitted a new matrix, stupid thing fits up into the bottom of the heater box end way upwards and the in and out pipes at the bottom end,

i have tried bleeding every which way i can imagine,

upside down 2lt pop bottle on header tank, and unbolting the header tank holding it as high as possible, well above the top of the matrix

any ideas
Regards, malcolm.

current ride a BX 1.7 TZD estate
1986 MK1 BX 1.9na D Auto(in Mothman Andy's stable )
layed up roppy 1.9TD XANT estate, now gone to meet her maker
purple and lilac metalic 2CV(VIOLET)registered to her in doors
1972 DS special been layed up aprox 31 years
Deanxm
My Cars: Citroen XM

Re: not citroen b*l*e*e*d*i*n*g rover 25

Post by Deanxm »

Yes loads of them, DONT RUN THE CAR UNTILL YOU HAVE BLED THE COOLANT SYSTEM!!!!!!!! just thought i would make that clear lol.

make sure the heater control is set to the hot position, sometimes you ahve to pop a heater pipe off over the back of the engine to get enough air out to get it moving.
Undo the 8mm bolt in the metal coolant pipe that runs over the bell housing at the r/h side of the head (looking at the engine)
do you have the main rad pipe from the engine to top of rad that has the goose neck in it? you need to take that pipe out of its clip and manipulate it to let the air run out into the rad from where it can self bleed into the header.

There is a pipe that comes from the back of the head on the L/H side of the cylinder head, the fitting it connects to on the inlet manifold has a small ball bearing in to act as self bleed valve, if the coolant system has had abuse it may be full of crud and stuck closed and so not bleeding the top of the head CHECK THIS IS CLEAR OR YOU WILL NOT GET ALL THE AIR OUT OF THE HEAD and the K series does not like getting hot.

Cant think of anything else right now my man and i was about to shoot out the door but this info SHOULD see you right.

D
XM Prestige PRV6 92
Talbot Express Autotrail Chinook 89
Mitsubishi L200 Trojan 14
Xantia Activa 95, sold (missed)

Service Citroen is awesome, it shows me pictures of all the parts i used to be able to buy............
citronut
My Cars:

Re: not citroen b*l*e*e*d*i*n*g rover 25

Post by citronut »

thanks D i will try all that and report back,

and as far as im aware the old boy/owner has had the car from new and it still looks brand new inside and out, and with very low mileage,

who ever decided to fit the heater matrix endways up with both in and out pipes at the bottom wants shooting,

a friend suggested yesterday to drill a hole in the top end of it, trouble with this is it would mean striping all the dash back out :roll: :wink: ,

spoz i could alway fit one of those ornaments on top of the dash, you know the one with a little boy as a fountain/water feature :twisted: :-D
Regards, malcolm.

citronut
My Cars:

Re: not citroen b*l*e*e*d*i*n*g rover 25 ( UPDATE )

Post by citronut »

well got to the bottom of this orible car turned out to be the SAAB valve, this is a 1 way valve in the octapussy of pipe work down the back of the engine,
it has a rubber diaphragm which the center falls out of so the valve fails,

what a crap idea
Regards, malcolm.