water leak

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

allanmc
My Cars:

water leak

Post by allanmc »

Series 2 Xantia HDI 110 year 2000 I have a small cooling water leak seams to be from the wee unit just below the heater pipes going through the bulkhead one hose going in and one out and two wires coming out of the front, I need you to tell me what this unit is and can it be repaired or replaced.
Thanks

Allan
Xantia 2.0i SX Auto, 1999
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Re: water leak

Post by RichardW »

Allan

Is this the unit fitted on the bulkhead about in line with the flywheel? If so, then it is an electric water heater, and if it's leaking, then chances are it's been cooked when refilling / bleeding the coolant - been there done that :roll: anyhow - Dickie G changed the one on his car - it's not easy! A new one is quite dear, but is fitted to other cars, so should be available second hand. Looking at it, it appears to be in 2 halves bolted together, so there is probably an O-ring between that is no longer sealing, and therefore it ought to be possible to re-build it. Mine leaks less than 250ml / 1000 miles, so I just let it leak and keep filling it up.... if I ever have to have the gear box out, then I might change it.
Richard W