Strange encounter when moving off C5

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

begins
My Cars:

Strange encounter when moving off C5

Post by begins »

Hi all,

I have driven my Year 2007 C5 2.0L Petrol EW10A VVT for almost 7 months.

I have encountered 3 occasions whereby the car just stopped by itself. The symptom I observed is this:

If the vehicle moved to a complete stop (all happened at traffic light) and then when I moved off very slowly (stepping on the accelerator very slightly), the car may just stopped by itself within seconds. All the lights at the dashboard will appear normally but the car will just not move. Stepping hard on the accelerator will not work too.

The only way to overcome this is to just restart the engine again and the car will appear absolutely normal again. Now, I consciously step a little bit harder when I move off from traffic light. By the way, I’m a light footer.

Any of us encountered this before? Could it be a case of engine misfiring? I have not changed the spark plugs since purchase of this car.

Thank you very much for any advice here.

Regards,
begins
My Cars:

Re: Strange encounter when moving off C5

Post by begins »

Hi all, it looks like engine stalling at very slow speed is a common problem in my C5 as I read through the Citroen Forums which I could possibly find in the web.

There is no exact fix. Clean the throttle body regularly may help. In the worse case, simply refresh the ECU by disconnecting the battery for about 15mins.

Just wondering what will happen if my car stalled when going up a steep hill :shock: ?

Regards,