xantia s2 projector lamps

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

lurchy666
My Cars: citroen c5 hdi 2.2 auto estate

xantia s2 projector lamps

Post by lurchy666 »

hi i was just googling xantia headlamps and went on images and i found these,

has anyone seen any of these lights in real life and where did they get them from if you did and are they any good (well better than the standard lamps)

i'll hope the ataching of pic works i believethse are for the s2 xantia by the looks of them
Attachments
xantia projector lamp from internet land
xantia projector lamp from internet land
c5 2.2 auto hdi estate 52 reg
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: xantia s2 projector lamps

Post by CitroJim »

Intriguing... It looks like they replace the indicator as well...

Can those legally take HID lamps? If they can and providing you have headlight washers then they will be pretty much legit and finally a Xantia can have good lights :-D
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
lurchy666

Post by lurchy666 »

jim if you google xantia crystal headlight then put it on images, it will show you them, i have found nothing more than the pic and a few people in china who sell them but there aint much info on them at all
lurchy666

Post by lurchy666 »

even if they say they cant take hids jim, easy mod to do it,

when i brought something like this for my volvo all they needed was the holes drilling out a bit to fit the hids, then obusally getting them set up via the screws on the back,
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Ahh, it's logical it'll be Chinese as the Xantia was made there for a while after production in France ended I believe. Possibly these lights are for the Chinese domestic market and may not fit our French ones...

I like what the Alibaba website says in the description for them...
this head lamp is for citroen xantia with high quality.
Is there any other sort of Xantia? :roll:
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
xantia_v6
Forum Admin Team
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: -
1997 Citroen Xantia V6 (France)
1999 Citroen XM V6 ES9 (France)
2011 Peugeot 308 CC THP 155 (NZ)
1975 Jaguar XJ-S pre-HE (NZ)

Post by xantia_v6 »

These are probably set up for driving on the right, and may or may not be easily adaptable to dip left. They may or may not be E marked, and any such marking may or may not be legitimate...
lurchy666

Post by lurchy666 »

it would be worth an ask tho wouldnt it lol imagine a xantia with decent lights, as all it would take is rotating the shield inside the projector to get the correct shape of beam, also is the part numbers OEM No# 88205035RH 88205034LH left hand drive or right hand drive cause i found one with those part numbers

they look like they are the right sort of shape and the fixings look in the right place altho how would would the bit of trim under the headlights fit as im sure theres a clip under the indicator holding it on,