C5 Window ant pinch system de activation

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

horsedentist

C5 Window ant pinch system de activation

Post by horsedentist »

Has anyone actually managed to de activate the ant pinch mechanism on a C5? It says it can be done but it is a bit pigeon English!

According to the maintenance instructions in lexia to deactivate it the procedure is.

"within 5 seconds of anti pinch functioning open window fully and persist"

I am assuming that this means within 5 seconds of when the anti pinch has kicked in depress the down switch and hold it down (although no mention of how long to hold it down).

Then

"within 5 seconds close window and anti pinch system is disabled"

So presumably within 5 seconds of releasing the button close the window.

I have tried and tried and all to no avail have also tried removing battery cables as that is supposed to disable it until you reset it but nothing seems to work,
My wife says she is going to sit in the back on rainy days if I don't fix it as the damn passenger window kicks open with the auto wipe!
oneday
My Cars:

Re: C5 Window ant pinch system de activation

Post by oneday »

i may be wrong but im sure i read somewhere on here that you hold the up button for 10 seconds to set the anti pitch so it may be the opposite to deactivate hold in the down possition for 10 seconds
C5 2.0 HDI VTR 2003 ICELANDIC GREY
306 1.4 LX MERIDIAN
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

oneday wrote:i may be wrong but im sure i read somewhere on here that you hold the up button for 10 seconds to set the anti pitch so it may be the opposite to deactivate hold in the down possition for 10 seconds
That worked as described with my estate. The one-touch open/close doesn't work on the current C5 so couldn't say is anti-pinch works or not.
horsedentist

Post by horsedentist »

oneday wrote:i may be wrong but im sure i read somewhere on here that you hold the up button for 10 seconds to set the anti pitch so it may be the opposite to deactivate hold in the down possition for 10 seconds
Tried that hold it shut and hold it open etc etc and just won't seem to set anything at all? what do you reckon, replace the regulator gear??
oneday
My Cars:

Post by oneday »

not realy sure about that ive not had the door covers off to see whats in there. funny they open when in auto wipe they are supposed to close
C5 2.0 HDI VTR 2003 ICELANDIC GREY
306 1.4 LX MERIDIAN
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

If all else fails it could be worth trying the routine of "changing" the battery. It takes about half an hour, and (from what I have read on this forum) can restore glitches to a normal working state.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
horsedentist

Post by horsedentist »

oneday wrote:not realy sure about that ive not had the door covers off to see whats in there. funny they open when in auto wipe they are supposed to close
They do auto close but when they get to the top of travel anti pinch kicks in and opens window about 5 inches.
Citroenmad
My Cars: 07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

horsedentist wrote:
oneday wrote:not realy sure about that ive not had the door covers off to see whats in there. funny they open when in auto wipe they are supposed to close
They do auto close but when they get to the top of travel anti pinch kicks in and opens window about 5 inches.
It sounds as though the limits are set wrongly.

Try:

Opening the window, keep the button held in the open position and keep it there for something like 10 seconds once open. Then repeat this when closing the window. This should set the windows to where the top and bottom of the limit is .

I guess if you let the window auto-open it does not fully go into the door?
Chris
07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
horsedentist

Post by horsedentist »

Citroenmad wrote:
horsedentist wrote:
It sounds as though the limits are set wrongly.

Try:

Opening the window, keep the button held in the open position and keep it there for something like 10 seconds once open. Then repeat this when closing the window. This should set the windows to where the top and bottom of the limit is .

I guess if you let the window auto-open it does not fully go into the door?
I am sure that this is the problem but nothing seems to reset the damn thing.
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

I know that when you disconnect the cables to an anti pinch unit on a Xantia it has to be reset. To do this you have to keep winding up the window every time it stops (after 1 inch of travel), until it hits the top. Wind it all the way back down, and then send it back up. I wonder if this would work on your C5?
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
horsedentist

Post by horsedentist »

Hell Razor5543 wrote:I know that when you disconnect the cables to an anti pinch unit on a Xantia it has to be reset. To do this you have to keep winding up the window every time it stops (after 1 inch of travel), until it hits the top. Wind it all the way back down, and then send it back up. I wonder if this would work on your C5?
Thats what it says in Lexia but when you disconnect the battery leads on this one it doesn't go into that inch at a time mode for some reason. I think something in the door must be shot as none of the reset options seem to work and it doesn't deactivate with a battery disconnection as it should according to the manual.
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

If it is knackered it could be worth reying to refurb it. However, I found this on fleabay, which might help;

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CITROEN-C5-WI ... 1e74cb49c4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

There are others, but it's better if you do the search, as you know the age/mark of the car.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
horsedentist

Post by horsedentist »

Hell Razor5543 wrote:If it is knackered it could be worth reying to refurb it. However, I found this on fleabay, which might help;

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CITROEN-C5-WI ... 1e74cb49c4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

There are others, but it's better if you do the search, as you know the age/mark of the car.

thanks for that.