C5 Lexia suspension faults ?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

johntom

C5 Lexia suspension faults ?

Post by johntom »

Hi
just used my newly aquired lexia on my 2005 C5 Hdi and got the following faults, but what do they mean?

Permanent fault, no communication with the steering wheel angle sensor incorrect value received &
Remote fault, intermittant fault No communication with built in systems interface no signal ?

Also one of the main reasons for the lexia was the 'park assist fault' message on the dash (and the non working park assist), however the lexia doesnt have 'dialogue' with the park assist and no faults found ???

can anyone help
Lighty
My Cars:

Re: C5 Lexia suspension faults ?

Post by Lighty »

Ok, the steering angle sensor is often fault , it is built into the comms unit (indicator and wiper stalk). if you look at the "parameters" you will be able to see if the angle reading reads when you turn the wheel, it should show + ve and - ve steering wheel movements. if it does alter as you move the wheel, then it needs calibrating. If it does not show movement it will need replacing (lots of money ).
If you have no comms with the parking assist, it is most probably broken, check the connectors to the main parking ecu, it is usually in the spare wheel well of the boot.
http://www.marklightfootltd.co.uk
Dacia Duster 1.5 dci
Renault Twizy Technic
Citroen C15
Citroen Ami
johntom

Re: C5 Lexia suspension faults ?

Post by johntom »

Hi
I have gone into 'height correction' then 'parameters'. The steering angle is -128deg (wheels straight), if I turn the wheel very slightly clockwise the reading jumps to +51 deg and as I turn slowly clockwise it reduces by 1deg every slight movement. If I go anti clockwise from centre it does the same -128, -127 etc. Is this correct or do I need to calibrate, if so how ?

Now I am now getting the message 'headlight level fault' and 'headlight direction fault' again no comms with either headlight?