I know this has prob been asked before

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

stu9

I know this has prob been asked before

Post by stu9 »

But what the hell is the best way to fit the blanking plate to an 03 c5 2ltr hdi egr.....i can see/get to the top allen bot....but the bottom one, my god!. And how how are you suppose to hold the plate in place till it's tightened......it might not b to bad if the metal canister would move, or the bit of pipe that looks like a small hoover hose, would be more flexable, to get betwen the flanges.

Just why the hell citroen put it (egr) in such an awkward bloody place is beyond me
Gibbo2286
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: 2006 C5 2.0 Litre HDI VTR Automatic Estate.(now sold on)
Currently Renault Zoe 2014 ZE

Re: I know this has prob been asked before

Post by Gibbo2286 »

They put it there because that's where it needs to be :) I'm not sure that all this blank off the EGR nonsense is worth the hassle anyway. mine was blanked off when I bought it, I found problems elsewhere sorted them then took the blanking out, it hasn't made a ha'porth of difference to either the performance or the fuel economy.
Man is, by nature, a lazy beast, he does not need twice encouraging to do nothing.
stu9

Post by stu9 »

Even if I dont blank it it'll need cleaned or removed
stu9

Post by stu9 »

Meant to say....it might not be worth the hassle blanking, but just trying to get the 2 bolts to remove or clean is a bloody nightmare.....god knows how you're suppose to get them