C5 Aircon Fan Not Working

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

abulkeek
New User
My Cars:

C5 Aircon Fan Not Working

Post by abulkeek »

Hi all

I have spent two day now trying to find the solution to a faulty aircon fan on my C5. Four months ago, I had the aircon gas topped up and everything to do with climate control, heating and cooling was working perfectly until the car stood on the drive for about 4 weeks. Now, all the controls appear to work ok but nothing happens. The fan is not working and all I hear is a very faint, scratchy sound from what I assume to be the fan motor. It sounds as if the motor is running at a very slow speed or not running at all. I have tried every combination of switches and knobs to no avail, and I am unable to drive the car as my screen mists up badly and this is likely to get worse as the weather turns colder.

Many forums talk about the fan speed regulator as being the cause of the fault. This is supposed to be mounted high up in the driver's foot well, left of the clutch pedal. Some forums also include pictures of the part and describe how to replace or repair it. I have tried three times to find the regulator and it seems that it is not fitted in that location on my car. I have even removed the cover under the steering column at the top of the foot well and the front plastic cover of the centre console in the foot well but can't see the regulator.

I am extremely reluctant to take the car to a garage because of the potential cost, which some say could be in the hundreds. I have had this car for under a year and it has been dogged by various faults that have so far cost me a small fortune, which I can ill afford on my measly pension

I would like to know if this regulator is actually the cause of he problem and where to locate it in the car. If not, what else can cause such a problem?

Citroen C5 HDi 138 VTR+ Euro 4, 58 Plate

Thanks in advance

Maz