abs light

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

terijay

abs light

Post by terijay »

Hi
I have a 307 hdi 90 2002 the trouble is there is no abs light on startup i have checked the panel check lights with pp2000 and they all light up except the abs light,could it be a faulty instrument panel,the garage told me it was the abs pump so i fitted another one checked that the pump was working with planet but it also showed a fault on front offside wheel so up till now i've replaced all 4 sensors,and abs pump but still no light.reason for all this is it failed the MOT for not showing abs light on test
hope someone can help
terijay
spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Re: abs light

Post by spider »

I think the test on PP should make it come on as its a lighting test if I remember correctly, I also seem to think they are led's not bulbs too. It may well be the panel. The bad part is if you change the panel the miles will go up if the replacement has more.

I'd be tempted to take the panel out and examine it for a closer look.
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG
terijay

Post by terijay »

thanks for the reply Andy I have took the panel out and i can light the LED with my multimeter powering it up but it won't plugged back in the car
terijay
spider

Post by spider »

Hmm.

On a non plexed car I'd now be wanting to check continuity between the panel plug and the ABS ecu, however as its plexed you cannot really do that, well not without any risk I suspect.

Have you tried a BSi reset ?

After clearing the faults, is nothing else showing on PP ?
Andy.

terijay

Post by terijay »

I've reset everything but still no light I think i will have to replace the panel and see if that does it
spider

Post by spider »

Be aware if you 'test' another panel:

Lets for the sake of it say your car currently has 50K on it.

If you put in a panel that has 100K, this will then go into the BSi as well. If you then put your old panel back it will immediately jump to sync with the BSi to 100K.

In other words, be careful putting a panel or BSi (it works either way!) with a higher mileage into your car. If you're concerned about mileage that is.

I dare say someone with some skill (it is a flash rom or an eeprom after all) could 'adjust' it anyway if it was required. Its only a problem when selling if its lower than reality as you know...
Andy.

terijay

Post by terijay »

just an update I've changed the panel and this has cured the abs light fault now its on permanent done a check with pp2000 its saying front L & R wheel coherence fault I suppose this is a gap issue but what should the gap be
thanks
terijay
spider

Post by spider »

I don't think there's a specified air gap for them, basically just fit them.

Check to ensure there's no dirt or other containments in the way as that will upset it. Be aware the mounting bolt can snap off which can be annoying, clean it up a little bit first if possible.
Andy.

terijay

Post by terijay »

checked, cleaned and fitted new sensors stll the same