Xantia airbag fixings?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

lhm_leak
My Cars:

Xantia airbag fixings?

Post by lhm_leak »

Firstly, my thanks to those who responded to my earlier post on various problems. To update that, it appears that I have a leak on the input side of the HP pump - can see the "blood", just got to actually find it now...
The instrument problems i'm having don't seem to have had any response, so it's off with the panel this weekend. My question is: does anyone know what type/size of screw head is used to fasten the steering wheel airbag? It's not possible to look, and Haynes is its usual useful mine of information. I gave up last weekend because my all-purpose, singing and dancing screwdriver bit set wouldn't fit! Help!
Stu. 95/M Xantia TD LX
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

you need a torx screwdriver size T-30.
remember to disconect the battery for 2 minutes before touching the airbag.
Dave Burns
My Cars:

Post by Dave Burns »

Torx T30, turn the wheel so the hole (two of) is at the bottom, the screws are angled outward slightly.
Don't forget airbag procedure and keep out of its path incase it goes bang.
Dave
RichG
My Cars:

Post by RichG »

I have had the steering wheel airbag off my Xantia to change some instrument lights (there are about 32 of the little blighters!) and treated the air bag as if it were a bomb. Has anybody had one of them 'go off' whilst doing maintenance? If you drop one do they go off or is it a case of 'better safe than sorry'?
Richard Green