Some LPG services in MK postponed

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

Xaccers
My Cars:

Some LPG services in MK postponed

Post by Xaccers »

Just been in the Shell garage by Tongwell and overheard the Autogas chap saying they can't sell until they have been trained by Autogas. The training given by the retailer of the pumps isn't good enough.
He also said they are going around other garages and mentioned Total/Texaco.
1.9TD+ SX Xantia Estate (Cassy) running on 100% veg
1.9TD SX Xantia Hatchback (Jenny) running on 100% veg for sale
Laguna II 2.0dCi Privilege (Monty)

DIY sphere tool
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: Some LPG services in MK postponed

Post by CitroJim »

:shock:

What? Why do they need training any more than they do to server petrol ad diesel? To help customers hook up the nozzles to their cars presumably?

Shell Tongwell don't sell autogas anyway. Our nearest is BP Linford Wood and they do a roaring trade - mainly old bi-fuel Poxhalls by observation... Seeing a Corsa filling up with gas is a bit bizarre really...

The only Shell garage in MK to sell autogas as far as I know is the mob on the V6 near Bletchley...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Interesting about Total/Texaco. I think the mob down by Kingston on the H6/V10 roundabout might have it... They are/were a Total station.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

Do they not trust people to fill their own LPG?

If so, I can't wait for the gas suppliers to take over the retailing of Durex. :shock:
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Re:

Post by CitroJim »

addo wrote: If so, I can't wait for the gas suppliers to take over the retailing of Durex. :shock:
:lol: :lol: :lol: Umm, if you see what our LPG nozzles look like Adam, you may just change your mind on that - They're very different to yours. We enjoy the Dutch Bayonet here.

What do you have? The Italian Cup or the American Acme?
Jim

addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

Actually, the English disease, but that's off-topic... :lol:

Our LPG fillers have a coarse brass thread that screws onto the tank filling spout. Maybe it is ACME?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/LPG-Filler-U ... 1106060295" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
andmcit
My Cars:

Re: Re:

Post by andmcit »

CitroJim wrote:
addo wrote: If so, I can't wait for the gas suppliers to take over the retailing of Durex. :shock:
:lol: :lol: :lol: Umm, if you see what our LPG nozzles look like Adam, you may just change your mind on that - They're very different to yours. We enjoy the Dutch Bayonet here.

What do you have? The Italian Cup or the American Acme?
Malcolm can have a field day with this post...
Nothing moves you like a Citroën
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Re:

Post by CitroJim »

addo wrote: Maybe it is ACME?
Ahh, you enjoy it the American way then :roll:
andmcit wrote: Malcolm can have a field day with this post...
I'm sure he will :)

Xac, I just drove past Shell Tongwell. I see no impending signs of them selling autogas :? Or for that matter the pikey Texaco opposite...
Jim

Xaccers
My Cars:

Post by Xaccers »

The on on the roundabout I think where the V5 meets the V11 I may have got the area name wrong.
I have, it's Northfield.

I would imagine they need to know how to handle accidents that could happen with the pump or supply, and how to resolve any minor issues.

DIY sphere tool
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Xac wrote:The on on the roundabout I think where the V5 meets the V11
That's a physical impossibility Xac. Only the V7 and V8 converge at Stantonbury and then only because the V8 curves so that it ends up as an H road rather than a V road...

Don't you mean the H6 and V11 on the way to the M1 junction? The garage between Northfield and Kingston? That's a Total garage.

The only two garages in MK currently offering LPG are BP Linford Wood and Shell Leadenhall...

I'd love to see more...
Xac wrote: I would imagine they need to know how to handle accidents that could happen with the pump or supply, and how to resolve any minor issues.
Yep, like if you can't release the nozzle after filling, why the pump won't start after leaning on the mushroom and is it normal for a massive cloud of smelly LPG to be released when you disconnect the nozzle and why does the fill amount vary compared to what my LPG gauge says?

Safety-wise, it's pretty safe tackle really. Frostbite is a significant danger with it though...
Jim

Xaccers
My Cars:

Post by Xaccers »

Used to be a Total, now it is Shell and they (once trained) sell auto gas.

H6 not V5, stupid Apple maps ;)

DIY sphere tool