ZX Creeking

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Dave1

ZX Creeking

Post by Dave1 »

For a while I have experienced a creaking noise from rear offside. Generally notice this when getting out of the car or removing the weekly shopping from the boot. Each time I lift a bag out it creaks. I can "feel" the creak on the shocker when I lift the car from underneath. However shocker works fine. Has anyone experienced similar and is it the bearing going. Any previous experience or knowledge would narrow things down. (I have seen Dave B's thread about how to take this area apart). Would be best if it is a shcoker I guess.
Dave
CITMAN
My Cars:

Post by CITMAN »

I think its the bearings in the rear suspension arms that are going. Do the the rear wheels lean inwards at the top.
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

I second that Citman.
Dave :
Try grab the top of the tyre offended side - then rock as hard you can the car sidewards on the tyre. You should be able to see/feel the wear/slack in the arm bearing - or any other unduly wear in suspension.
Dave1

Post by Dave1 »

Thanks for your suggestions. I fear you may be right. Had the slanting wheel scenario on the BX. Nothing obvious like this apparent on the ZX just now. Will give it a good rocking tomorrow. Just when the weather is starting to get chilly as well.[:(]