S2 Xantia door moulding re-fitting

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Gingerposer
My Cars:

S2 Xantia door moulding re-fitting

Post by Gingerposer »

Folks, a wee while back one of the rear door moulding strips came loose due to several of the fixing clips failing. I have bought some new clips so am ready to refit the moulding.
Question - is there a recommended method for doing this - should I fit the clips to the car and slide the moulding on to the door, or fit the clips to the moulding and pop it onto the door? Obviously I want to avoid damaging any of the clips as I don't have a lot to spare.

Cheers

Ainslie
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: S2 Xantia door moulding re-fitting

Post by CitroJim »

Fit the clips to the card first and then pop them in the door holes Ainslie... Start at the top of the card/door and work downward.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Gingerposer
My Cars:

Post by Gingerposer »

Reading your reply Jim I realised I phrased my post poorly - it's the exterior moulding which has the chrome insert, not the interior door card.

Ainslie.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Sorry :oops: In that case I pass I'm afraid. Never had one of those off but I'd think the same applies...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Xaccers
My Cars:

Post by Xaccers »

Fit the clips to the strip, then gently press the strip to the door.
1.9TD+ SX Xantia Estate (Cassy) running on 100% veg
1.9TD SX Xantia Hatchback (Jenny) running on 100% veg for sale
Laguna II 2.0dCi Privilege (Monty)

DIY sphere tool
Gingerposer
My Cars:

Post by Gingerposer »

Cheers Xac, if I get dry weather for five minutes today I'll get it done!
Gingerposer
My Cars:

Post by Gingerposer »

Finally, dry weather and a few minutes of spare time! Job took a couple of minutes, would have been even less if it had been a bit warmer, had to go find some gloves :cry:

If anyone happens to need a couple of exterior trim clips for their Xantia, let me know, I'll hopefully not need any more (tempts fate) and I'll send them out.

If you're buying them on ebay get them from byronix, I originally ordered some from another seller but they neglected to inform me that they were out of stock until I queried the delay in delivery. Byronix delivered in two days from order.