I have a 2004 Citroen Berlingo multispace 2.0 HDI , which has been completely reliable in the 5 years I have owned it.
Always self maintained and I can wield a spanner with no worries (With a mitsubishi and a bike in the garage I have to !)
The Berlingo doesnt get used daily but has recently developed a problem on the first start of the day. Warm or cold weather doesnt make any difference.
First turn of the key the car acts like the battery is flat (Which it isn't) and only just cranks over.
second turn of the key it turns over but rarely fires
third turn - it starts easily as if everything is normal.
I recently serviced it with fuel/oil and air filters.. Very fine metallic bits in the fuel filter, which I think is an indication of a fuel pump issue.
all glow plugs working ok and the battery is relatively new (early this year)
Once the car has run - it starts absolutely fine the rest of the day
My thinking has been along the line of a problem with the starter motor ?
not sure if the fuel pump issue would cause the problem I'm getting?
any thoughts / ideas or anyone who has experienced something similar would be welcome
Cheers
Mark