C5 Electrical Faults

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

djjtl
My Cars:

C5 Electrical Faults

Post by djjtl »

Hi

My Multifunction Display Screen is no longer illuminating but still displaying the relevant time and date.Is there a lamp that can be replaced and also how do you remove the oval fascia without damaging it ?

I also would like to replace the cigarette lighter socket as I bought a new lighter and it still does not engage correctly.I managed to remove the electrical connector from it but I can't get the plastic lamp holder off it so it will slide out of the housing

Thanks in anticipation

Jay
Last edited by djjtl on 12 Oct 2012, 22:36, edited 1 time in total.
03 C5 2.O HDi 90 LX Estate 97K
waynedance

Re: C5 Electrical Faults

Post by waynedance »

If I remember rightly it is easy to remove the centre display, just use a blunt kitchen knife or the like and lift the front bottom edge and will pop straight out I think there are 3 small bulbs.
Volvo S80 D5.........
C5 2.2HDi Exclusive 2003 manual (now gone).
2009 Renault Megane, the misses drive.
Had a 1988 BX 19TRS Auto many moons ago.
Forgive any spelling mistakes, it's the phone not me.
SaabC5
My Cars: 09 C5 X7 2.0Hdi Exclusive

Post by SaabC5 »

waynedance wrote:If I remember rightly it is easy to remove the centre display, just use a blunt kitchen knife or the like and lift the front bottom edge and will pop straight out I think there are 3 small bulbs.
Correct, there are four securing tabs, two top two bottom. Just prise away gently from one of the bottom corners and you'll find the surround comes out faily easily. You'll then need to remove the plug on the back of the display unit because the wiring loom is very short and you can't turn it around to change the bulbs in situ. The bulbs are a push/twist fit available from any decent motor factors. Putting it back is a right pita because of the red Trafficmaster led bulb needing to be put back in on the right hand side, it took me 3 attempts to get it right. :(
09 C5 X7 2.0Hdi Exclusive in Perla Nera black (the best colour) :wink:
djjtl
My Cars:

Post by djjtl »

Cheers
Sorted the multi function display now just the cigarette lighter socket
03 C5 2.O HDi 90 LX Estate 97K