Dispatch 1.6HDI cutting out

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

E.mahon
New User

Dispatch 1.6HDI cutting out

Post by E.mahon »

Hi all,

I've recently purchased a 09 dispatch 1.6Hdi and have had a major problem from the start. The van drives perfect but every 5 or 10 miles the engine cuts out and has to be restarted. "anti pollution" is displayed on dash and it drives fine for another while. On other occasions it simply " chuckes" a little and displays "water in diesel filter" and then cuts out as described in a mile or so.
There is no water in the filter, I've had it checked and replaced twice, also fuel in tank is fine. So far the Regulator on the pump, high pressure sensor and fusebox has been replaced, all by a main dealer, but the problem still persists.
The diagnostics show fuel pressure too high. Also, sometimes when idling I get injector rattle for a few seconds.

Any ideas?
spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Re: Dispatch 1.6HDI cutting out

Post by spider »

I'd sort of expected the dealer to say more if they ran a diag on it.

The higher fuel pressure, I'd assume that's caused by the third piston in the HP pump either not being controlled properly by the ECU or itself its at fault.

Did the dealer say anything else about the fuel pressure ? , that *could* be the cause of the rattle too but I'm not 100% on that.

Did they say anything about the 'antipollution' error ? , that is pretty generic really its not far off how say five to ten years ago you'd just have a "K" or "EML" light on rather than the cause as such.

I'd be tempted to perform a BSI reset as this costs nothing apart from a bit of time and then if its still causing problems have a Lexia session again to see what is really going on. I sort of think you only got half the information going from what you posted, the dealer at least should be able to tell you what the likely causes of these errors are...
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG
cc101

Re: Dispatch 1.6HDI cutting out

Post by cc101 »

Hi E.Mahon, could be a blocked particulate filter, u could do a forced regeneration by driving the car hard in 3rd gear on a dual carriageway, if you can get that far!

Chris.
Xantia 1.9 TD 1993 (sinker)