problem with synchronization remote fob Xsara II

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Pablitto83

problem with synchronization remote fob Xsara II

Post by Pablitto83 »

Hi, I recently bought Xsara II from 2004. I got a remote fob with key, but remote doesn't work, lots of corrosion on inner part. Also checked in Citroen service on scanner, with new battery - doesn't send anything. So I bought on ebay used fob, replace inner part - so the key and immobilizer stay the same, and cannot synchronize it.. Car start and run, so immo works. But central lock not. I try with my friend connect it to lexia, no problems found in central lock section. There was all slots empty for remote fob, nothing synchronized. I tried this new used fob in Citroen service again, on their scanner (at least it's free) it's work, but cannot synchronize it with car. Any ideas how to do that? We couldn't find section in lexia where to synchronize fob, only where to add a key (to get there was asking for a code - I have key card with code, but we didn't try to go into this section).
Please help me, how to synchronize that #$^*%^$# fob with BSI ? Standard method doesn't work (when turn key into ignition, press button, wait)

Thanks !

ps. I compared fobs, they have same chips inside, same numbers on it.
oneday
My Cars:

Re: problem with synchronization remote fob Xsara II

Post by oneday »

reprograme the key first then it should let you sycronize the fob
C5 2.0 HDI VTR 2003 ICELANDIC GREY
306 1.4 LX MERIDIAN
Pablitto83

Post by Pablitto83 »

You mean go to add a key section in lexia, put security code, add a key - which is anyway programmed (reprogram), and then should be an option to synchronize fob? Do I have to reprogram both keys - other one is without remote fob, or only this one? Is there any risk that immo will resynchronize permanently? Sorry for silly questions, but I'm green in that matter.

Thanks for quick reply!
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

When programming keys with Lexia you must have all of the keys for the car with you as they will all need to be programmed in turn. You'll be asked for the four digit code then how many remotes and how many keys, next you'll be told to use key one to turn the ignition on then off followed by firing the remote then same again for key two.

IIRC the key programming menu is found under BSI, protection and/or the programming menu. As each car has a different menu according to the software version used it's very difficult to be specific as to where you'll find what you're looking for, have a good poke around and you'll find it, there isn't much to see on Lexia for a Xsara.
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
Pablitto83

Post by Pablitto83 »

Thank you so much. Is it make a difference order in which I use keys for reprogramming - one key with remote fob, one without. U help me a lot anyway, many thanks one more time
oneday
My Cars:

Post by oneday »

as dickieg says you must do all the keys at the same session dont think order matters but dont start the engine untill you have done the fobs aswell instructions for this follow after you have done the last key
C5 2.0 HDI VTR 2003 ICELANDIC GREY
306 1.4 LX MERIDIAN
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

Pablitto83 wrote:Thank you so much. Is it make a difference order in which I use keys for reprogramming - one key with remote fob, one without. U help me a lot anyway, many thanks one more time
It doesn't make any difference which order you do it in with regards to remote key's but IIRC if you have a non remote key that's done last.
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH