My Collection Of French Model Cars

Tell us your ongoing tales and experiences with your French car here. Post pictures of your car here as well.

Moderators: RichardW, myglaren

Junkman

My Collection Of French Model Cars

Post by Junkman »

All are 1:18 scale.

Maisto Citroen 2CV:

Maisto Citroen 15 CV:

Maisto A110 'Gendermerie':

Norev Citroen DS 23 special black edition (1 of 1000):

Norev Renault 4 Fourgonette:

Norev Renault 16 dealer edition:

Norev Renault Estafette:

OTTO Renault 16 TX:

Solido Citroen 11CV:

Solido Citroen C4:

Various Solido Peugeot 203s:

Solido Peugeot 403:

Solido Renault Fregate:

Solido Renault Juvaquatre:

Welly Peugeot 504:

bxzx16v

Re: My Collection Of French Model Cars

Post by bxzx16v »

A great collection you have there Junkman . I like the Renault 4 van very nice .

Mark

rabenson

Post by rabenson »

Absolutely superb - such detail!

red_dwarfers
Donor 2020

Post by red_dwarfers »

Lovely collection there, nice variety!

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

That's a fantastic collection :-D The Xantia and XM are conspicuous by their absence though.

I have a very small collection...

A French Traffic jam on my coffee table :roll:

A Traction, a couple of DS, an SM, a 205GTi, Xantia, XM and 406 Coupé..

Citroenmad

Post by Citroenmad »

An excellent collection! 8-) We have most of the Citroen models you have there, the new Norev ones are just superb. The AMi 6 saloon they do, CX and Decap are all superb models. Ive been trying to find a Norev 1:18 C6 for years, the last I saw sold for almost £90! :shock: WOnt be long before you can buy a real C6 for less than the model :lol:

You have some models there which I didnt know existed, the R16s look great and the Peugeot 504 look very nice. 8-)

We have many hundreds of Citroen models, mostly 1:43's as they are easier to store, but there are a good few 1:18s too.

red_dwarfers
Donor 2020

Post by red_dwarfers »

Lovely collections there!

Junkman

Post by Junkman »

Thanks all!

Yes, the Xantia and XM are absent, so is the 605. That doesn't mean I'm not looking for them, they are just not very commonly available anymore.
I'm actively hunting the XM for a while now, but lately only found played with examples with parts missing, etc.

Citroenmad

Post by Citroenmad »

Coventy transport museum have a 1:18 scale XM, that was quite a surprise! I have seen a few for sale but they dont come up often. Id like the Xantia to pair with my XM, but they are even more hard to come by.

ren16tx

Post by ren16tx »

love the R16 models!! and the black DS23 !

Junkman

Post by Junkman »

ren16tx wrote:love the R16 models!! and the black DS23 !
When Norev released the DS, it first came in this green metallic that makes split pea soup look good, then in brown, then in blue.
I said from the beginning that I want mine in black. I found the limited edition purely by coincidence. It was commissioned by the French diecast online shop Les Tacots and has been produced in a series of 1000 examples. You just have to be lucky sometimes.

However, the grey R16 seems to be even more obsure and likely even fewer were produced. It was commissioned by Renault Germany and sold through their dealer network. However, few found the colour appealing and hence reception was lukewarm to say the least. Not many were ordered. I bought it simply on the grounds that my father had one exactly in this colour.
Now, there is rumor that Renault France commissioned a black one, to be sold through the French Renault dealers. If I manage to get one of those, I'll pass the grey one on to my father as a gift.

My goal is to re-create an imaginatry 'Deuxieme Bureau' fleet through the decades, hence I am after black examples like the devil is after the soul.
Imagine the following lineup:

15CV/Fregate/403
DS19/blank/404
DS23/R16/504
CX/R30/505
XM/R25/605

And all these in black in the same display cabinet! The automotive history of the French secret service through six decades.

The OTTO TX is quite recent. You may still be able to catch one. Their models are also very limited and made from resin, i.e. polyurethane plastic.

Citroenmad

Post by Citroenmad »

Junkman wrote: The OTTO TX is quite recent. You may still be able to catch one. Their models are also very limited and made from resin, i.e. polyurethane plastic.
There is a guy who visits a few of the larger CCC gatherings who sells OTTO resin models, they are superb. The ZX 16v, BX and AX are brilliant.

Junkman

Post by Junkman »

Citroenmad wrote:
Junkman wrote: The OTTO TX is quite recent. You may still be able to catch one. Their models are also very limited and made from resin, i.e. polyurethane plastic.
There is a guy who visits a few of the larger CCC gatherings who sells OTTO resin models, they are superb. The ZX 16v, BX and AX are brilliant.
They are really good, especially considering the price. OK, there aren't any opening features or chassis detail (we call this 'curbside' in modeller circles), but exteriors and interiors are beautifully executed. They also get the stance right every time, something that adds more authenticity to models than even the most intricate detailing underneath. The guys who make them are true enthusiasts. I hope for a few more Simcas in future. The make is so underrepresented.

Now let's focus a bit on what you guys have on the shelves.

I see a maroon DS to the far left in CitroJim's 1:18 re-enaction of la Peripherique I have never seen before. What is it?
I'd also love to see your collection, Citroenmad.

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Junkman wrote: I see a maroon DS to the far left in CitroJim's 1:18 re-enaction of la Peripherique I have never seen before. What is it?
It's a china money-box in the shape of a DS! For a china model it's really quite exquisite. It even has a number plate reading DS1 :)

It's perhaps my favourite model.

Citroenmad

Post by Citroenmad »

Junkman wrote: I'd also love to see your collection, Citroenmad.
Here are only a few, the majority are boxed away as we have not got room to display them all.

I picked up the DS, SM and R4 Van Norev models from small village tobacco shops in France, usually the best source of models.
The red and blue DS cabrios were made out of the same model which is the white DS, the Solido one. Notice the red one has the Chapron rear end. A very good French friend made these for us, unfortunately the red one is showing some paint cracks.