CITROEN C5 2.2 DIESEL 2001 SUSPENSION PROBLEM

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

tolye

CITROEN C5 2.2 DIESEL 2001 SUSPENSION PROBLEM

Post by tolye »

Does anyone know what the problem can be when the car goes up and down whenever it wants(specially the back side),on the board it shows me that the car is in a drive position but its 2cm from the ground and it doesn't want to go up.If i give a restart by removing for a few minutes the plug from battery and usually the car is back to normal and respond when i start the engine, to go up..but not for too long if i drive a bit it goes on the ground again...what it can be?Thank you!
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Re: CITROEN C5 2.2 DIESEL 2001 SUSPENSION PROBLEM

Post by myglaren »

First thing that occurs to me is that the height corrector is defective, either the connections to it are loose or corroded, otherwise the resistor tracks are dirty or burned out.
Replacement if it is that is not expensive, around £30.

Even with a C5, don't go poking around underneath unless the car is properly supported on axle stands, ramps or a four post lift. Especially with a suspension defect.
tolye

Post by tolye »

Thank you for your answer! Another thing about the car was that the problem started after a long drive.It came down and the hydraulic fluid was under the minimum level and i had to add more fluid because i thought that was leaking and fill it up to the right level. It didn't respond to going up so i disconected from the battery and after that it came back to normal.It happend like this 3 times after that didn't want to go up anymore .I had to drive with it down and in meantime the car go up and down depends on the road condition, if was a bit bad it would go down.When i drove on second level of high (24m/h) keeping this speed was ok but if i go over this speed it would go down again.I parked the car and tried the same thing with disconecting from battery but it didn't work, after 5 days of non driving when i just pressed the unlock button it came up strait away on second level of high.Pressing the button for the drive way the car didn't go slowly down but quicker and i tried to drive it but it came down again.Thanks.
tolye

Post by tolye »

Hello there, finally i have sorted my car problem,was broken one of the resistor inside the motor pump,repaired,fixed back and fill the tank with LDS fluid and put the key and start working properly. The suspension rise up and down but not for long time. Second day i drove it for the test back side rise up on the maximum height and stuck. Front side is rising up and down ok. I have checked the height corrector looks ok and put it back.Any ideeas what it can be?any suggestions are welcome!and something else ,what means BHI?THANKS
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
Ooops.
Previously:
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

How did you check the height corrector?
tolye

Post by tolye »

hi,myglaren!i'v swapped front corrector with rear and is ok. front is rising up and down,rear is going down a bit only if i jump on rear side.i think it's air in the line.what can i do to get it out?
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
Ooops.
Previously:
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

I have never actually looked myself but there are bleed valves for the suspension hydraulics, most likely located in the region of the height corrector.
Ensure that there is plenty of LDS in the reservoir before starting and have some in reserve. May not need much but you usually need a little bit more than you expect. Be very careful to keep everything spotlessly clean.