2001 406 HDi 110 - Bits Nicked!!!

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Chris56000
My Cars:

2001 406 HDi 110 - Bits Nicked!!!

Post by Chris56000 »

Hi!

I've had to take my 406 off the road earlier this year as I was off work long-term due to eye-surgery, and couldn't afford MOT repairs!

Ufortunately I'm having some difficulties as wassocks have broken in and thieved the radio unit, and chopped off the wiring-plugs to it as well, and nicked all the relays and fuses out of the engine fusebox!

1) Is anybody breaking a 406 new shape and can let me have the radio plugs with a few inches of cables (I believe there were three), and the three relays 1242, 2505 and 2665 out of the engine fusebox please? I'm also willing to buy another radio off a member if it can be recoded with Planet, which I have!

I don't mind having to travel a reasonable distance for them and happy to pay a member for them - it's just that trying to get things like that from local scrapyards is hopeless - they put the phone down on you with "No mate!!!" before I've even finished saying what the car is!

If no-ones able to help me with the bits, can someone post a pic of the fusebox showing the relay colours - I believe they're cartier types, or give me the Peugeot part nos for the relays?

Also my 406 Wiring Manual shows a relay in position 1242 but the circuit-diagram annotates it as a "Shunt" - can anyone tell me if the 406 HDi needs this and post a pic of it and the Part no please?

Many thanks,

Chris Williams
gadgetgricey

Re: 2001 406 HDi 110 - Bits Nicked!!!

Post by gadgetgricey »

Bad News Chris,

Are Citroen bits compatible????????

Have a Xantia Hdi that I removed some bits from. Havn't looked but if the relays are the same, they will probably be in my "magic box", Basically just a big plastic container that I throw all the relays/fuses into.

Even have the old Radio cassette (with code) if you think that's the same. Not sure but the connector blocks may even still be on the car.

Only down the road in Halesowen, so get back to me if you want me to check about the relays if they are any good to you.

Cheers

- Dave -
C8 - Petrol Auto (Love the electronic doors)
Xantia Hdi Exclusive Estate (gone but not forgotten)
spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Post by spider »

That's awful to hear :( :( :(

I don't think the radio will fit, well it will but you need an adaptor as the 406 ones are a lot 'taller' in most cases. The one shown above should just work with its code, will not need Planet. IIRC it will be green rather than amber illumination.

I can probably get diagrams for you (need RP/Build Code number) but they are not brilliant unfortunately and do not say what they are for or their values.
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG
Chris56000
My Cars:

Post by Chris56000 »

Hi!

My cars the top Executive Spec Y-reg (first registered new 12 March 2001) and the radio is the top-line Peugeot/Clarion Radio/Cassette Model with the JBL amplifier & boot CD changer and steering-wheel controls! I have the full set of wiring books for it - my car is covered by the book titled "1-8421 >".

I could only find one new-shape 406 in all the local scrappies and that was only a base model - there was half a radio carcass still in it with three ISO plugs but the wiring is nothing like mine and neither was the fusebox - the scrappie had a BSM fusebox with the wiring-plugs on the top of it which is nothing like mine!- the chopped-off radio cableform in my car has 7-8 pairs of twisted leads, presumably speakers, and about 6-7 single leads for power, earth, illumination and CAN-BUS/Changer control etc.

I've also discovered from a fleabay search there's two different hi-line Peugeot/Clarion radio/cassette units with differing part nos, to make confusion worse confounded!

This debacle is exactly why I'd much rather visit the type of scrappie that lets you have a look round yourself! If any member can suggest any breakers within 50-70 miles that deal in French cars that still will let me look round that'd be a great help!

Chris Williams

I believe there are purple, green and brown Cartier relays in PSA Group fuseboxes but I'm none the wiser as to which is which I can't get my EPC to install and my login details for the online one are long gone!
Chris56000
My Cars:

Post by Chris56000 »

It's not got any better - the whole car was thieved three weeks ago from round my back where I live along with a television cathode-ray-tube in the back of it and a Quantel DLS6000 Video Titles Unit!!!

I've reported it to the police but apart from the usual CRN, I'll hear no more of it, but read on - there's better news.....!!!!

Chris Williams