Classic car shows

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

Jaine
My Cars:

Classic car shows

Post by Jaine »

Just a rant..I love Battlesbridge car show but saw I could not enter the 205gti as it was pre 80's only allowed so parked in public car park only to go into the show & see 20 cars all post 80's Even an Aston Martin DB9. Rang the oirganisers this morning to ask about it & they stated some people book one car but turn up in a different newer one (surely people on the gate can see it is different to the pass in the windscreen). Then asked about the Aston & was told the owner had paid £50 for his ticket instead of £7. Not fair if you can buy your way in.
There are so many versions of what people call a classic car. Harpenden Classics on the common say over 20 yrs old so cool, Knebworth state pre 87 but always let me in with a slightly newer car & my local pub say 25yrs & older but let anyone in if it is interesting!! :?
So confusing.....Rant over :P

Jaine
If I throw a stick, will you leave?.
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

I've driven "through" stroppy organisers in the past. Give it a try sometime. :wink:
Jaine
My Cars:

Re: Classic car shows

Post by Jaine »

I bloody will next time :-)
Junkman
My Cars:

Post by Junkman »

I have the opposite problem. They never let me use the public car park with my half arsed Rover P6 parts car. I must park that shame-blob in the classic car parking area.
1994 Peugeot 405 GTX 2.0 auto estate
1992 Citroen BX 19 TXD estate
Jaine
My Cars:

Post by Jaine »

Junkman wrote:I have the opposite problem. They never let me use the public car park with my half arsed Rover P6 parts car. I must park that shame-blob in the classic car parking area.
:-D